carnage

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
I know you guys enjoy photos... and I know you're entertained by broken parts... so..

enjoy.
You must be registered for see images attach

This presented as a progressively increasing whack whack whack kinda noise at speed.

Time to toss the 410's in the roundfile anyway... 456's and some fresh bearings are in my not so distant future...

I already posted this pic, since the trans came out while I was chasing the noise... It sounded like the noise was right under the seats... cookoo yea.. i'm an idiot... but now the truck'll have a fresh clutch, resealed pan n' rear main, and new axles for this desert season...
You must be registered for see images attach

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing what you find to fix when you are chasing a problem. :D

Had 1 of my pivot brackets break, then ended up doing u-joints on driveshaft to front axle, front calipers and soft lines, rear brake cylinders and soft lines, etc. Sure works better now though!!!! ;Sweet;Sweet

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck!

Nice Mike Tyson teeth too!!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my guess would be the pinion nut loosened up.

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
I'm not FOR SURE what caused it... but a younger, less responsible version of me used to have a thing for speed shifting, and burnouts... So it could have been old damage that just finally gave up.

I've learned the error of my ways, and for the last 5 years, I have driven the truck as it should be driven.

I've been towing a LOT the last year as well. 30ft triple axle toy box loaded with desert toys and my car hauler trailer that certainly isn't light either... specially' with the derby car it had been hauling around recently...

Anyway, thanks for the atta boys about the truck. Its not near as clean as it looks in that pic... but i'm sure proud of it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those little spiraly marks near the spider pin says the pinion was loose at least once. I have the exact marks on mine.