Can't figure out this brake situation

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
That's why you don't give up so soon on something as simple like an old basic 80s brake system.

My RV ended up needing a booster in addition to a vac pump (and everything else in the brake system). The boosters was very hard to get for an 85 E350 since it uses one used only on vans for 3 years (84-86). I don't think they are being made anymore, so I was lucky to get a new one.

AutoZone on ebay had ONE for about $100 in early 2019. I had tried ordering 2 other times from other sellers. The first sent me a totally wrong booster that as packaged badly and got broke in transit, so they had to pay return shipping on a broken booster and give me a full refund. The second one was canceled and refunded because the seller said "oops, we don't have any!"

AutoZone's site is still showing "ship to home" as if you can get it, but exclaims "out of stock" if you try to add to cart. Napa and O'Reilly are both out of stock too. RockAuto is selling a "rebuild and return" service for $68 but I wonder if you can even actually get that on these rare boosters.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I thought the same thing, glad it's not just me.
Nope. not just you. I also knew a guy who swore that his dad had a Bronco (from the 80's but I can't remember what year) That originally had a 5 speed manual. It had issues so his dad put a 4 speed manual in it's place. He never would take me to look at it. that's the only Bronco from the 80's up that I've seen (supposedly) that had a manual. It was supposed to be a full sized one, not a BroncoII. I know that those did have manual transmission available.

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its definitely not common. I even got the window sticker with it.

You must be registered for see images attach

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first truck was a 1972 4X4 with manual everything for $4040.00 out the door. A friend just bought a F-150 4X4 with all of the toys for $70,000.00! I bought my first house in the SF Bay Area for a bit more.

Fredrickson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This situation sounds like one of those barter up situations..

Like the guy that started with an old cell phone and kept trading up until he ended up with a porsche..

1985 F250 IDI => 1987 Chevy Suburban 4x4 =>???

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing is, I would LOVE to get my hands on a 85-91 Supercab F250 4wd, maybe even a crewcab.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The thing is, I would LOVE to get my hands on a 85-91 Supercab F250 4wd, maybe even a crewcab.
Well darn it. A friend and I are talking about trying to work out a deal on a couple of Brick noses just like you describe. I doubt that they would be worth the trip out here from California though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance