bypass glowplugs

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck has been sitting about a with 50/50 wmo, I have changed the filter and am trying to get fresh clean fuel in the ip to help doush things out. I think I burnt a wire in the glow plug system, its turning over and not catching. how do I quickly bypass the glow plugs,/ cut power si this thing will start . Its in the high 90's so temps are fine.
I know this is a silly question but what do I do?

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disconnect the white wire from the glowplug driver. It's on the passenger side, towards the front.

Not sure why WMO would be bad or how disabling the plugs would help.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck will start from being dead cold overnight without the glowplugs? And it's 90+ degrees outside? Mine won't. And I have regular diesel in mine. Maybe if a cranked it long enough, but it would be ******* the starter. You might need a shot of ether once you get the plugs disconnected.

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the summer time its 115 degrees easy and 100 degrees at night. I still need the glow plugs when I go to start it in the AM after its sat all night. I also saw that your in AZ.

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a long story but in the past I was playing with WMO blends. I do not get to drive the truck much the last trip was 300 miles then I parked the truck and long story short it was started once in the last 2 years. Six months ago I went to start the truck with the help of a jump box, at that point while jumping I believe I fried a couple wires. Fast forward to now I get to make this truck my daily driver so I decided to try to start it again. with new batteries the truck will turn over not catch,I am not getting "wait to start light" Im thinking bypassing the GP this truck may start. once its running I can clean up the GP system.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to get it running, make sure the glowplugs do not work, and give it a little squirt of ether. Don't pour the whole can in it, just a squirt or two and it should fire up and it won't hurt it.