Bye-Bye to the IDI

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Well, as of about an hour ago, I'm strictly a darksider. (Flame Suit ON). The first guy to look at it bought it. It's never hurt more than tonite let one of my trucks go, for alot of reasons. That truck is tied to EVERYTHING in my life: my Fire Department career, my wife (who I met in the fire acadamy), my children (that came from said wife), my current line of work (got my CDL for the FD), & my house (had to sell my '02 2500 HD & buy something cheaper to afford the mortgage). It was like watching a member of my family leave. But life moves on & changes have to be made to keep moving along. I hope it will afford the new owner the advantages it afforded me. He bought it for his business & I hope it will serve him well. But, I'm comfortable knowing that:

1. The new owner lives 1 minute from my house, so I can go see how it's doing if I feel like it.
&
2. He is already an IDI owner & appreciates the time & effort invested in it.

I know I'm viewed as a traitor now but I want to thank everyone who has helped in one way or another along my build up. I've learned alot about the IDI specifically & diesels in general because of everyone here & made some new friends. I didn't make it to many functions but enjoyed the few I hit. I'll never leave the basement because I enjoy all the activity down here. Not so much banter upstairs but the PSD guys have been very welcoming (is that a word?) & helpful already. Hopefully I'll learn as much from them as I did down here.

The OB sticker is still on the back window of the IDI & I invited the new owner to check out the site & sign up. I hope he does. He seems pretty cool & I would feel better knowing my truck stayed here & someone took my place;p

Anyway thanks again. Sitting in the back row hangin' out................

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A moment of silence please......................

apextrans said:
Not so much banter upstairs but the PSD guys have been very welcoming (is that a word?) & helpful already. Hopefully I'll learn as much from them as I did down here.

How's that saying go about deep waters running quiet and shallow waters babbling alot?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my book, as long as the new owner joins up, you will then be forgiven but your betrayal will not be forgotten.:backoff:backoff:backoff

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lord Vader will be stopping by to show you his new silicone light saber pretty soon. :moon:

Traitor. :puke:

LOL

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
In my book, as long as the new owner joins up, you will then be forgiven but your betrayal will not be forgotten.

Easy there Calvin :backoff LOL I seem to recall you having an affair with something that usually ends up as boat anchors :eek: ;Poke

So just because some of us move on to the IDI's bigger brother {at least it's a legitimate family member, unlike the ******* 6.0:shoot: } doesn't mean we forget our roots ;Sweet

No telling if and when opportunity presents itself, some will return to the fold :thumbsup: ...all BS aside.....I know I would :cheers:

The BROTHERHOOD :hail , while only mentioned in passing a loooong time ago by stroking a few keys has become a force to be reconed with and kept alive by those involved regardless of their participation here ;Sweet

Altho I do know of one {said member shall remain nameless :angel: } who has pubickly stated he doesn't wish to become a "basement dweller" when posting about "looking":rolleyes: at the 6.0 ...... :popcorn

Geezy wheeezy...I need some chocolate......:rotflmao LOL

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Altho I do know of one {said member shall remain nameless :angel: } who has pubickly stated he doesn't wish to become a "basement dweller" when posting about "looking":rolleyes: at the 6.0 ...... :popcorn

bite me:mad:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
That was a very nice truck, for a slabnose. If ya don't mind me askin, Whaddid ya git for it?

I'm not sure I should post the selling price on here just yet. I don't know the new owner well & since I asked him to check this place out & sign up, I don't know if he would be comfortable with the price being common knowledge. If he doesn't show up, I'll spill the beans. If he does....well that's his decision. But I was close to the neighborhood I wanted to be in.

Thanks for the warm send off Mel.:rolleyes:

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
well.... idi or no, you're always welcome in willacoochee.....

maybe next time you'll have more time and we could feed ya.

plus I've never riden in a 2003

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy there Calvin :backoff LOL I seem to recall you having an affair with something that usually ends up as boat anchors :eek: ;Poke
Geo-
just for the record, I was in chebbies long before furds. Besides, my chebbie boat anchors are IDI motors too:D
Also for the record, I make a living fixing darksider trucks. They help support my IDI habit;Sweet

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
well.... idi or no, you're always welcome in willacoochee.....

maybe next time you'll have more time and we could feed ya.

plus I've never riden in a 2003

Thanks man. It could happen again. I'm trying to negoiate a better price on another 07 Pete. It's in Valdosta right now.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Your kind words are not words of departure. Once an IDI man always an IDI man. I wouldn't kid you on that. Join in anytime you feel the need. I look at it as a devorce. Who gets the friends??? You will stay a friend here as long as you want....:D

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Man that was a cool truck,...! Glad to hear that it went to someone that will appreciate it, and hope to see him on the board with us!

No Swoking here, enjoy the new Super Duty!,

Ok, maybeee a lil swonk,....

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online