Bought a crew cab

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no idea... somewhere between 500-1000 poundsLOL the guy i bought mine from had a kobota tractor and the hydraulics were stressed lifting it

Perfect. I guess my Dad and I will have to eat breakfast before lifting it by hand then.......:D
We hope to do it with jacks and then run supports left to right on top of saw horses (heavy ones) and then wheel the undercarriage out and back under it with the trailer. Piece of cake.......LOL
I have removed a 85 Supercab before, but I was younger and well not as fat as I am now! LOL
Jerry

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started a new thread that has the pics of my truck now that it is "done"... that is all

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Perfect. I guess my Dad and I will have to eat breakfast before lifting it by hand then.......:D
We hope to do it with jacks and then run supports left to right on top of saw horses (heavy ones) and then wheel the undercarriage out and back under it with the trailer. Piece of cake.......LOL
I have removed a 85 Supercab before, but I was younger and well not as fat as I am now! LOL
Jerry

You are going to try to pick a cab w 2 people? Make sure you get a video of this:rotflmao:rotflmao

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are going to try to pick a cab w 2 people? Make sure you get a video of this:rotflmao:rotflmao

Yeap....done it before with a supercab. What you do is use a jack to jack up the back, then slide a 2x6 across with some blocking on it, then set the 2x6 on a saw horse on either end. Then jack up the front of the cab....slide in the board and lower back down. Now you roll the frame out from under it. As long as the tranny is out the board will have room. If not the cab has to be slid back a ways to allow the front board to go side to side with hitting on the tranny.
Then you back the trailer in. Then lower it back down.
If you were thinking I meant one person on either side and just heave.........well, I'm a big boy but not that big.....I'd like to keep my guts inside and not hanging out my butt......LOL!
Jerry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online