Bought a crew cab

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And by crew cab I mean crew CAB:sly I decided that id like more cab room, plus rust repair on my ext cab was more that i wanted to tackle with a crappy welder and no body work skills. The bed will get cut down even more, its in pretty sad shape the way it is but it will work. Plan is to paint the front clip and bed the same color as the cab. The cab is dent and rust free, from Texas and was brought up a couple of years ago, and the interior is in really nice shape and all the power works;Sweet
You must be registered for see images attach

Unfortunatly my dad wasnt around today so I didnt have the keys to the cat or volvo, so I had to use the 75 780 case, which has no brakes, is low on hydraulic fluid, and none of the levers are marked... made for a fun time but at least the cab and bed are off

I will get better pics when I have my camera and not my crappy phone.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're building the Ford version of an Avalanche? That may end up pretty cool, don't forget the Lund Racerback or Fastback add-on tho :D And no, that's no joke.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awsome. My vote would be to ditch the bed, add outboard chrome fuel tanks and a 5th wheel hitch. Maybe a sleeper if there is room, and stacks of course!

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Wow, you'll live in ALL 3 cabs on the same truck when you're done with that. LOL

Wasn't there a CL ad that someone did this? It had like a 4ft bed with a toolbox AND aux fuel tank leaving like a 1ft bed space. Nuts I'm telling you!

Good luck!

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Awsome. My vote would be to ditch the bed, add outboard chrome fuel tanks and a 5th wheel hitch. Maybe a sleeper if there is room, and stacks of course!
I like that idea!:sly

Without a doubt a very interesting project! Look forward to updates and more pics!
Oh yeah!:thumbsup:

Wow, you'll live in ALL 3 cabs on the same truck when you're done with that. LOL

Wasn't there a CL ad that someone did this? It had like a 4ft bed with a toolbox AND aux fuel tank leaving like a 1ft bed space. Nuts I'm telling you!

Good luck!
i remember something like that?

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I dont have a camper, and if i did it would have to be a lifted camper to be able to hook up to ol beastly;Sweet Ive got a gooseneck hitch, and no gooseneckLOL

And yes, the bed will fit on the frame after the cab is on

Otherwise not much got done today. I went through the wiring from the cab harness back to the taillight connectors to try to find where/if my wires to my vss are cut at, no such luck. So it poses the question, does the computer interpret the signal from the vss, or is it the digital cluster that does that, im trying to get my speedo working is all. I have a new vss sensor to put in also. The wiring is much cleaner now tho.

Also I got the fenders removed, the new cab will be ready to set back down on the frame tomoro with any luck.

My awesome outside work area (backhoe wont fit in the barn)

Condition of the headlight holdy down thingy

I also plan on buying some new body parts. I found a couple places within 3 hours of my for cheap stamped stell panels. Ive still got to get prices but im looking at around 400-500 bucks, so not to bad. Its gonna need both fenders, an actual diesel core support, a tailgate shell. And its gonna need new headlights, grill and headlight bezel... Wheeling takes its toll. Good news is I got a good used, free, headlight support? (the plastic peice that holds the headlights to the core support)

oh, and my new exhaust, free...

Better look at the new cab

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cab is set on the frame. I havent made the rear cab mounts yet, i was waiting to see where the bed sat then put the cab in realtion to it.

With the bed just set on the frame

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is going to look awesome. Almost makes me want to shorten my 93 Crewcab! I do have one question though. How are you titling it? Did you get a title with the cab or will some number plates just get moved around?:angel:
Just curious. I used to be into Jeeps and it was pretty common to just swap bodies.
Also, I might be wrong but I think you have the same overall dimensions as one of those centurion bronco conversions now. Your's is better though, in my opinion, because you can actually put stuff in the bed without it also being inside the truck like it would be with a Centurion or an Avalanche.
Jerry

Last edited:

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Gonna keep the dark blue theme on the whole truck? How "big" is the bed now?

Yea, the color is royal blue metallic, or midnight blue metallic, or something like that. I dropped a chunk of change at the local paint place to get a gallon of paint code matched paint, clear, hardner, reducer, ect ect ect. Im going to have one of my buddies shoot it for me, and see how it turns out.

The bed is just a hair under 5 foot, ill have to measure the inside usable space tho.

And it will be title as its titled and insured now, as a 92 f150, 300, 5 speed. The blue body that is in my sig (also the only body i have a title for) I can get away with that becouse we dont have b-truck plate inspections here. Plus, it keeps my insurance super low since is a 2wd f150 with the smallest motor offered. Liability is under 30 bucks a month.LOL

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta say that is unbelievable!! That is really cool! I can't believe how much you get done in such a short time!! I love the shop you have to work in!! ;Sweet