Boost & Pyrometer Autometer or Hypermax?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Gang!
I'm about to install a ATS turbo kit with a upgraded turbo ( thanks Russ! ) on my truck. I'm running Autometer gauges on the piller for oil pressure, coolant and trans temp. Of course I will have to install boost and EGT. I was just going to use Autometer individuals with a dual pod on dash just to the left of the speedo. A day or two ago when reading someone's sig line, I saw the Hypermax 3" combo gauge and cup. It seems like it would save a little space, be easily readable and maybe integrate with the dash a little better. Thoughts and comments appreciated. Who's using the Hypermax gauge?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like auto meter gauges. I only trust the most reliable gauges when it comes to life or death for an engine

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cup I just siliconed it on top of the dash. It may be a bit crimson collar but I don't care.

Pretty sure the gauge says isspro right on it. It's mechanical boost

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get some pictures for you when I get home. Haven't drove the new truck yet but I've got a hypermax gauge for it (88 7.3) with autometers in my daily driver (83 6.9)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a isspro boost and pyro, flawless working boost guage, pyro doesn't seem to want to work anymore, worked with provious turbo with some times not reading, now on new turbo kit and location it just says 100' basically all the time. Why these things so expensive anyway??

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Oil temp isn't hooked up yet

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information guys! I decided to go with the AutoMeter and keep all the gauges the same. It won't be anything fancy, but I'll post some pics after I get them installed.