Boost gauge differences

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thoght I'd pass this along, I had a 60psi gauge in the truck for awhile now because it was a package deal with the pyro. I changed it out to a 35psi so I could read it better. With the lower scale gauge, I see 2-3psi @ 55, with the 60, it read 0. I also am seeing a little lower max boost now.
They are both Autometer gauges.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
pressure is pressure both gages "should" be reading the same but the 35 should be more easy to read and more accurate for your application. a 3% deviation would be more on a 60 gage (about 2 psi tolerance) than a 35 (about 1 psi tolerance) so they could be reading up to about 3 psi difference from each other and still be considered good. besides a bad gage that is my .02 on why you might be seeing a difference.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think either one is bad, but i found it interesting that the 35 is a little more touchy than the 60 and seems to respond quicker. I didnt figure it would make that much difference.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need a 15 PSI guage to really have one that makes sense. No need having a gauge with 50% unusable surface area, although I know how it is when you can use something that is free or on-hand.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
You need a 15 PSI guage to really have one that makes sense. No need having a gauge with 50% unusable surface area, although I know how it is when you can use something that is free or on-hand.

I agree with Mel
get a guage that tops out just over your top boost.
had a kid with an IDI he wanted me to tune.
He bought a set of those crappy color change face gauges, pyro went from 600-2000 and boost/ vacumm 20 vac-30 boost.
couldnt see the things ang accuracy sucked.
onother time
put a 100 psi boost guage in a PSD one time cause thats what his dodge buddies were running, 15 psi isnt that far on the guage , ended up swapping that one for a30.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
might be more fun to just use more of the gage:D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Buy a boost gage from Banks. Then you will be able to use the entire gage sweep. Its an ego thing.....:D

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
I did like the 40 psi boost guage I had in my 00, used just about all of it.
runnin a 60 psi now, and use over half.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I can peg my 35lb when I want to - I need a gauge that goes higher... But I like the fact that the pyro is built into it - two gauges one dial...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online