body lift?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work!

Now if only body lift kits came that way instead of just pucks, lift brackets and some extensions, the body lift wouldn't have such a bad rep. :)

Yep, if only it were this easy :) Suspension lifts are great, but it's hard to dispute the ease and expense of a body lift and the added clearance/space you get. I thought my old red/white truck sat pretty nice with an add-a-leaf and a 2" lift, and the only real clearance issues I had was a trimmed fan shroud and a slight bend in the 4wd shifter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFORMANCE...350-/141014344133?hash=item20d51c21c5&vxp=mtr

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when one says RSK, i automatically think of reversing the shackles from the rear to the front. ( on SD front spring swaps)

but i think in this case being its for the rearend, i would think that having the rear shackle mount flip floped and from one side to another is what is being described here.

if you use the stock shackles, the pinion angle should not be an issue, if you use longer shackles, then yes this does come into play.

using a longer rear shackle on the rearend will actually give you more positive angle on the pinion.
all depends on how much you lift it,
for arguments sake,say if you give it a 12" shackle lift, youre going to need to reposition the front spring hangers too,
pinion angle would be haywire without, not to mention you driveshaft.

i think a 3" rear shackle lift will not cause you much trouble,
as my truck is stock, the rear driveshaft rides pretty close on the splines to the carrier bearing, a 3" shouldnt move it too much.
6" would be a different scenario

Yes I messed that up, thanks to the several people who corrected me, I should have said "flip". And as was mentioned later, a flip does affect the pinion angle, since flipping the shackles moves the rear of the spring down without moving the front of the spring down. It was also said that it moves the wheels forward in the wheel opening a little bit. Most people would not notice but if you look for it you can tell it's different than when it was stock.

mcghan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that comment about banned people was for me,its not me,I use my real name and don't believe in being an internet or telephone tough guy.I am not here to get people stirred up or offend anyone,I am here for ideas and information,trying to keep 2 of these trucks going.Thanks for your time and thoughts

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that comment about banned people was for me,its not me,I use my real name and don't believe in being an internet or telephone tough guy.I am not here to get people stirred up or offend anyone,I am here for ideas and information,trying to keep 2 of these trucks going.Thanks for your time and thoughts

youre good!
you know what they say, opinions are like what?
certain people have the need to always have the correct opinion.
if you do decide to do a body lift, thats your choice.
do what you want to do, its your truck ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Staff online