Blocking 2WD trans speedo cable hole?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
the trans i put in my scout is from an 86 ford but i m using the speedo output on the t-case. what can i do to block the hole on the trans?

thanks
-Jon

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Take an extra speedometer cable end that goes into the tranny and take the gear off, just put the cable end in there like it would be if the gear were on it. That's how I've done them before.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get NAPA to match up a freeze plug?? I've never had my eyes on a 2wd to know how the cable hooks up tho...

I've used that trick on Toyota trannies that have a gear "holder" that fits into a smooth bore on the trans, and the cable hooks to the gear holder.

Ryan

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Pop a speedo cable on there and pull the cable out of the casing and then route the casing up high on the frame somewhere and you now have a nice gear case vent;Sweet That's what I did with the speedo outlet on my brownie.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think an expandable rubber and metal "freeze plug" from the hardware store would suffice.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I would think an expandable rubber and metal "freeze plug" from the hardware store would suffice.

i was thinking this, plus the "holder" that pushes the cable in will help hold it tight, i'll have to measure it.

thanks for the ideas guys! ;Sweet
-Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online