Blew something in engine? HG or not sure

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about you pull the IP off with the cover attached and lose the timing, show us how to fix itLOL

Oh ya sure...all kinds of funny guys here today...sure sure.... LOL I DON"T think so nope sorry.

However I'd be all over reading YOUR tech 101 on how to do it! ;Poke

:popcorn

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like said earlier riowarrior! I sorry for your misfortune young man. But the way your presenting it. "with such a positive attitude" and all your plains, it's exciting to me. Most people would be all down and whining about this. But you go at it heads up with no fear.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like said earlier riowarrior! I sorry for your misfortune young man. But the way your presenting it. "with such a positive attitude" and all your plains, it's exciting to me. Most people would be all down and whining about this. But you go at it heads up with no fear.

Not sure how old you are but I'm not that young...be 49 in few months...LOL

As for whining and *****...what's that going to solve, I'm broke and have extremely limited funds so I accept that, I've got a great truck that needs TLC and this is a healthy dose of TLC right now...just getting all the parts that's the kicker...gaskets and what not. I'll manage I need the truck running for SAR callouts etc.

I don't think I could do the callouts with a car LOL just not happening.

I've got a whole bunch of stuff hanging around my place/shop/yard and well *** may as well jump in with both feet and go balls to the wall and gitterdun...kinda like the six wheeler Muscateer build right? I'm in for the penny may as well do a ton!

Who knows. maybe a cab swap, maybe a clip swap only, maybe both diffs swapped...hard to say...wait and see. ;)

So, did you ever find that slight miss at idle? :sly

Me thinks me is about too....it was IMHO an exhaust valve.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how old you are but I'm not that young...be 49 in few months...

I'm in for the penny may as well do a ton!

Just had to say/do this. Funny thing is, I have a 1964 Canadian penny. 2013 minus 1964 = 49. Took the change out of my pocket last nite, STMS, Holy *****, long time since I seen a Canadian Penny. Mabe I should send it to you for GOOD LUCK.

EDIT: PM me your addy, and it'll be in the mail today.

And here is a flip side, a 1946, only had two pennies in my pocket change. Co-incidence?

Attachments

• DVC01774.JPG
    DVC01774.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DVC01775.JPG
    DVC01775.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 5
  • DVC01777.JPG
    DVC01777.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DVC01776.JPG
    DVC01776.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I've got some great news, I've got one hell of a great base to build a wicked good truck from....

However the Bad news, my engine is completely shot!

Yuppers I'd say that my valve is just short of sealing, and based on some cracks I've found on it, I'd say it WAS the huffer! It was loosey goosey sloppy in the guide too so that didn't help.

You must be registered for see images attach

Top of piston with valve shrapnel embedded in it! Ya won't be attempting to reuse that custom piston altered by smack n bash!

And the final cross to bear...this is not a scratch...NO it's a giant friggen crack!

Yuppers that hole be done!

K so now gotta pull the clip so I can pull the engine and since I'm pulling the clip to pull the engine I'll pop the cab too for shitzngigglez n get that SC swap underway whilst I work on locating a viable engine! Hey...I got a new Water pump on mine Saweet, I have a great spare! Hmmm...Oh ya and a new thermostat too excellent! Won't be worried about those either then with a different engine.

Yuppers twaz a good engine...

Thanks all for looking

Al

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow thats a dead motor for sure!! But at least now you know and can go from here. Looking forward to watching the rebirth of your rig man!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's one way to lower compression for a bigger turbo....

Seriously, sorry man. That sucks. I look forward to the reincarnation of the white rhino as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that is some carnage. never seen a valve crack like that! I am still new to these diesels, so keep that in mind, why could you not just sleeve that cylinder? they can sleeve cavitation, is this crack just too big and the sleeve would not stay in place?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be doing a thorough POST MORTEM and have full explanations to my findings. Stay tuned as I'll do it tomorrow when I've got better light for some really good post traumatic even photos LOL

Basically after a bit of investigation I've got some info that will be extremely helpful to the brotherhood here.

Stay tuned boys...it's worth the wait!

Al

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:popcorn

Anxiously waiting helpful information. You can never learn too much. I know failures are frustrating, but you are surely helping someone save the same problem in the future. ;Sweet

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
But seriously, did you clean up that piston or was it like that when you pulled the head?

Trying to understand why the cylinder wall cracked? I would think the piston would have been annihilated before the block cracked. Perhaps #4 cylinder was already weak? If I recall correctly, the most problematic cylinders are 7,8 & 4.

That sure is a dirty engine! Holy crap!

So, now that you have a clean slate to start with, how about a Tech 101 for the 400HP IDI engine? :sly ;Poke :angel:

Last edited: