Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm eager to learn how/why this happened to your engine

I just read that part about a turbo tech 101, im very intrigued haha

Lol next time drink tons of water before you go to bed! :p

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck took me for a ride, I was running down the road 80 mph with a new engine 7,000 miles on her and as I was carefull to not run her hard for months, that day I said well lets do 80, So humming down the road and all the sudden I felt my seal belt across my chest and next thing I knew I was @ 60 mph.

Kinda surprised like *** just happened? I glanced around and noticed the gear vendors was off.
Clicked it back on and back up to 80 mph again.

Just a few miles more to the next light I had that dreaded noise I hear in your video.

Not fast not slow but a noise that wasn't there before.

Hoping it was anything but what it was I ****** the whole thing out.

Scored piston and cylinder wall.

Cold start no noise at all, about 2 minutes after cold start and tick tick tick.
good and warmed up TICK TICK TICK.

I fixed all that junk and I continue the IDIABUSE!

Javier

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting AM for me,

I'm doing Multiple TECH 101's all at same time so please hold off comments in them till I gettemdun! I'll post that in each of them as well.

So far, pulled all GP's look great one bothered me looked damp. Once all pulled did the crank engine and low and behold a big gush of fluid out #2 & #4 cyl, thus my thoughts, blown HG between two cylinders!

TECH 101 of comp test coming soon, as is a IP replacement...cause I'll just pull mine and swap it back in to make life easy!

I may throw a different IP at it not sure yet.

So

COMP TEST
IP REPLACEMENT
VALVE COVER GASKETS
HEAD GASKETS

Four at once TECH 101's hmm..busy boy I be.

Any suggestions whilst I"m at this????

Al

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jo, he originally wanted 6500 for the engine he said he'd do 5k, they didn't do compression test but he said it ran good when they tested it had 18psi oil pressure at idle and 44 psi at high rev and theres no blowby and the truck had 251 thous kms on it. To me that price is a little on the high side I think he'd bring it down, when I was there last week he was telling me he doesn't carry any parts for idis b/c theres no market for them anymore.

.....you should def do a tech 101 for adding a turbo lol :p

Edit; A tech 101 for changing fluid in rear end, tranny and tcase would be cool to (for noobs like me) :hail

Last edited:

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
wow...that describes the original motor in my dually to a T.... drove it another 2,000 miles before i yanked it out... its scored bad too

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gav, do yer own tech 101 on diff fluid and so forth change LOL it's super simple to do! You got a book, read it! LOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holeee shamoleeee

I'm now giving extreme prejudice to a front clip removal of my truck. Rad support was already exchanged previously from the short wide one to the tall narrow, so now I'm throwing around the idea of a clip removal/swap to OBS and..AND Cab swap too to the SUPER CAB...***

Oh and and and..

I'll be a busy busy boy but I'll be comfortable and much more pleasant to drive. HOWEVER one Caveat, is NO rear seat space for gear like in my reg cab behind the seat...HMMM...Guess gotta get some tool boxes eh? LOL

This should be one hell of a fun job that's for sure. I'll see if I can get a buddy to video how fast a clip removal actually happens so others with visions of engine pulls and so forth will see just how simple this is! Honestly it's the ONLY way to go. Don't even have to remove the radiator!!!!!! Ya that's right!!!!

Anyway, I'll be thinking hard for next day or so.

Al

Alan Slingsby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be some good stuff I'm sure to stay tuned!! I'm trying to get time to start tear down of my 86 for under hood goodie's an part out the rest

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holeee shamoleeee

I'll be a busy busy boy but I'll be comfortable and much more pleasant to drive. HOWEVER one Caveat, is NO rear seat space for gear like in my reg cab behind the seat...HMMM...Guess gotta get some tool boxes eh? LOL

Acutally you just quadrupled your behind the seat space by going to the extended cab. That's about all the back see is good for anyway unless the people up front have really short legs. ;Sweet *** I say GO FOR IT!!

BTW, I'd probably try your front clip removal idea if I just weren't sure that my core support would break in the middle as I removed it. :mad:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Acutally you just quadrupled your behind the seat space by going to the extended cab. That's about all the back see is good for anyway unless the people up front have really short legs. ;Sweet *** I say GO FOR IT!!

BTW, I'd probably try your front clip removal idea if I just weren't sure that my core support would break in the middle as I removed it. :mad:
Ha ...my rear seat has about a 4" lift kit on it so there is some leg room no head room buwa ha ha...

But behind the back of the back seat is what I was more accurately referencing fyi!

Good for DOG space, good for SAR gear, good for Groceries good for kids...well not my son he's near 6 foot tall but his GF and my wife maybe...oh that will put me in dog house for sure!!!!

I'm thinking bout it boys...just thinking bout it..shites not free right...so must think this through..

One thing that is imperitive is OIL COOLER REBUILD NOW too when heads off for sure! I'm in for that much!

Al

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
me thinks you have valve guide issues too....that oil looks burnt...not just crud.... i was amazed at what a qt of marvel myster oil did in one of my engines filled with sludge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online