Biodiesel producers lose $1 a gallon tax credit

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
what grinds my gears is that there are absolutely no stations within practical limits of where i live and commute that i can buy biodiesel. I know there are a few in Santa Barbara but i rarely go down there plus its like 50 mile from my place. I really wish i could start making my own but i always run into setbacks.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any time the Feds do anything it doesn't make sense. To be direct I would say our government is operating without common sense. Oil prices went way up due to speculators. Industry reacted by brewing up a fuel that wasn't dependant on oil prices so much. Public opinion decided that we needded to get away from foreign oil because it was costing so much. The market collapsed when the oil barrons realized they could severly cripple our economy by dropping the hammer on our overly inflated oil prices (thanks stupid greedy oil speculators). Government bailed out the stupid greedy oil speculators. But a shred of self sufficiency was launched. It wasn't a perfect plan but at least it was going somewhere. It needed some help and somehow government, most likely sensing a public need to have some kind of hope, decided to give it a tax credit. Well new government came in touting the error of the old government and speaks overwhelmingly of brighter futures and new energies that will be developed to save us from our oil mongering selves. Fancy speak to soothe our fears. Only problem is they just can't seem to get behind the only real "new energies" industries that actually have a product that's viable. So here we are again caught up in the foreign oil vortex because our esteemed leaders can't even see the problem clearly enough even comprehend a solution.

Perhaps our politicians should live off the national average income during their terms of office. Then they might have some worthwhile and viable solutions to the situations average people must deal with. Remind them of who it is they are supposed to be representing. They live too much like royalty for my tastes.

O.K that was way out there but it just hit me like a basketball in the face.

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
Doh!

That sux, big-time, still working on the 2 tank system. How will this effect the veggi burners?
Unfortunately the $$ are lacking for some of the intragal parts. Still dino fueled..:dunno

LCjeff

gearhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is kinda sucky but it doesn't effect me one bit.I buy dino diesel with a small percentage of veggie oil as possible because my Trucks don't like it.Dodge smokes more with veggie,Mazda runs poorly.They do seem to like engine oil though.

oly_fab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet that means all the small bio ops will go under....more veg for me. Why should we give a crap about companys like standard or general biodiesel, they ship most of their product overseas anyway. Look untill someone comes up with a source for oil other than wvo bio will only be a drop in the bucket.

As far as the current admin dropping the tax...we voted for change but the only change I see is a change whos pocket our money goes in.

Stu