Big Ed's Extreme Truck Makeover!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks Ron, The shop smelled great after you left. I was able to snap a couple of quick pics, sorry about the quality.

I had a faded blue fiberglass topper that came off Droopy the Plow truck and it fit nicely on Goldie. Pretty Sure Ron knows how to paint it so it will match the truck,..;Really

The work continues on Big Ed, but ever so slowly, I have been thankfully busy at the lot buying out of town dually diesel trucks and having some good success selling them. so the truck is on the back burner for a while. and next week,...Jury Duty! I can't see a lot getting done then either.

I still have the front end tore apart getting ready to do the headlight mods, and ad a few other things. Then I will be installing the headliner and shelf-it. then on to the interior, weather stripping, shifter, steering column, and sound deadening. Depending how time and money goes.

That's it for now!

Later

Attachments

• SV500005.JPG
    SV500005.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 63
  • SV500006.JPG
    SV500006.JPG
    431.3 KB · Views: 40

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Anyone remember this post,..?

Just a little update, I hope to have the truck done and out of it's comfy parking spot within 2 weeks. I didn't get a lot of the extra stuff that I hoped to get done, but at this point, it is spring the snow's gone, and I want to get it out and start driving it again.

I need to put on the front bumper, tow hooks, grill, Headlights, and brush guard. Finish some misc wiring, add a couple more lights, and work on the exhaust.

Still need to install the door panels but the rest of the interior is back together, oh yea, still need new window seals, just haven't wanted to part with the $135.00 or so to buy them from Ford.

Anyway I am now on a push to geterdune!

That's the latest,....;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda been wondering when the big unvailing would be. Hazard I to guess that it is reaching Moose Truck status? Shall it remain in it's jamies over the winter from now on? LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Hazard I to guess that it is reaching Moose Truck status? Shall it remain in it's jamies over the winter from now on? LOL

Prolly close to it. Heck Big Ed has it's own corner of the shop.
I think the going rate is $5.00 to touch it.LOL

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hazard I to guess that it is reaching Moose Truck status? Shall it remain in it's jamies over the winter from now on?

I will be very weary of winter driving, but it will happen. I can see next winter it being back in the shop and doing the interior how I want it, well see what happens!

Prolly close to it. Heck Big Ed has it's own corner of the shop.
I think the going rate is $5.00 to touch it.

Yea, but admission is free!;Sweet

Had a good couple of days working on the truck, got the Headlight Mod, Parking Light Relay mod done. Got the G3 130 Amp Alt installed, just have to wire it up yet. I got some other wiring for aux turn signals done as well. Also installed the new horns. Now that I have these things done I am close to installing the front grill, headlights, and bumper.

Tomorrow the new Exhaust is getting installed;Sweet

It is getting close!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
It took longer than I wanted it to but the exhaust is installed, just need to do a couple more hangers,...It turned out SWEET!,...;Sweet Lots of trips to the Semi Truck parts store, I hope to have the reveal within the next 2 weeks.

The exhaust is truly a One of a Kind setup, I have never seen this set up on any other truck, and I am real happy with how it turned out. Only other information that I will let out is that I did use a pair of 5" semi stacks. :D

Stay Tuned,....

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
It took longer than I wanted it to but the exhaust is installed, just need to do a couple more hangers,...It turned out SWEET!,...;Sweet Lots of trips to the Semi Truck parts store, I hope to have the reveal within the next 2 weeks.

The exhaust is truly a One of a Kind setup, I have never seen this set up on any other truck, and I am real happy with how it turned out. Only other information that I will let out is that I did use a pair of 5" semi stacks. :D

Stay Tuned,....

Bout time. Finally kicked the customers out to work on the truck huh?LOL

Well?

How does it sound?:backoff

I must agree it IS a one of a kind setup.:love:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Darrin,

You gonna make it to the 07 weekend? If so then don't post pictures of it until then - give folks a REASON to show up....

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Bout time. Finally kicked the customers out to work on the truck huh?LOL

Well?

How does it sound?:backoff

I must agree it IS a one of a kind setup.:love:

Sounds Awesome,..;Sweet That is just starting it up and revving it up in the shop, but I think it will be real cool sounding especially under load!

argve Darrin,

You gonna make it to the 07 weekend? If so then don't post pictures of it until then - give folks a REASON to show up.

Hey Travis, Yup I will be there, That is not a bad idea, Have to think on that one,...I don't think I can wait that long to show it off:D

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
;Sweet Job Darrin! :cheers:

I need an green envy smiley LOL ...just doing the small--in comparasion--things to my truck ie; gauges,elec fans etc... and the pleasure I get from "tinkering" , but due to my daily need for the truck -read= moneymaker-
I will just have to live thru what guys like you, Ron etc... are able to accomplish :hail

Keep up the great work!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
You wanted this long to get'r done correctly so why not wait just a bit longer to show her off in style....

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
argve said:
You wanted this long to get'r done correctly so why not wait just a bit longer to show her off in style....

In Darrins defense. Photos won't do justice of what the truck looks like.

Been there to see it with my own 2 eyes..........DAYUM!-Drool

Darrin Tosh said:
Sounds Awesome,.. That is just starting it up and revving it up in the shop, but I think it will be real cool sounding especially under load!
SCHAWEEET! Now I can't wait.......Gee Thanks.:D