Betsy the Worktruck

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out with the old which was never replaces and impossible to read, in with the new water separator. Looked through the fusible links and I am not seeing any bad. I've ordered a new ignitiom switch just in case. I'll pull the column down and test the switch wiring before swapping out. There has to be a ground somewhere.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's that cab ground I was telling you about. I think it runs to the back of the head on the NA trucks. The P.O. covered this one with tape so it's black, pretty sure the one on my dually is bare.

Right above the heater core under the hood.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's that cab ground I was telling you about. I think it runs to the back of the head on the NA trucks. The P.O. covered this one with tape so it's black, pretty sure the one on my dually is bare.

Right above the heater core under the hood.
That is non existent on my engine. I will add and see how we do. I added a ground kit on the Subaru from battery neg to both heads, intake, block, frame, throttle and alternator casing. Got rid of my misfires. I'll wire something up clean in this since I have lots of wire left over.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just dropped the steering column. Cleaned the ignition switch wiring and she started right up. I'm not getting the door open, key, or seatbelt warning sound which goes through the door switch so I need to investigate.

Edit: can start the truck and everything is fine. When I tap the dash with the door open, the buzzer returns. I'm on the trail!

Man I hate wiring.

Last edited:

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just built the wife an ohshit handle per her request. We drive with her and the baby in the back and its tough for her to climb in and out without.

Two aluminum diamond plate tabs, 3/4" scd 80 aluminum pipe, two pieces of 1/8" ss 304 with 3/8 nuts welded in a hole for the mounting plate. Came out awesome.

Holes above driver only sadly. They are 14-1/2" on center. I am thinking of doing some nice knot work with paracord on the handle if I can find some maroon color.

wrecked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm a total freak, I live for electrical ****. Keeps my wife in the lifestyle she's accustomed.

Edit: again I forgot to say I fell head over heels for mine too, the second she fired up after sleeping for two decades. Nothing sweeter than the sound of an idi idling.

Last edited:

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice, but how close is that to your head while driving? I'd put some padding on it.
That's a good call... I went off-roading once my my passenger's head just barely hit the ceiling, and she was probably 5'5". I felt the headliner with my hair on that bump too. Had to slow down after that!

Love the handle, nice work!

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks nice, but how close is that to your head while driving? I'd put some padding on it.
I had my buddy mock it in place while I sat in the seat in a few positions. It's off to my left a good bit and has good clearance heightwise.

You'll all be the first to know when I smoke my noggin on it.

Thanks @The_Josh_Bear