Best Injector Cleaner???

sassyrel

Reaction score
stanadyne,,good stuff..guy that has rebuilt pumps,,for myself, and friends..said try it..after 1 tankful,,in my old ****** dsl,,that thing ran MUCH better!!!

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The diesel purge at least the way I do it can be a mild pain!

Remove the fuel filter and drain it

Fill it with diesel purge and re install it (you will install a new filter when you are all done)

Remove the rubber hose from the fuel pump

Run a short 2' length of 3/8'' rubber hose from the pump inlet into a clean clear container at least 64oz in size

Remove the return line from the back of the engine and attach a hose from the fitting on the engine and route the return line into you clean/clear container.

Fill the container with 3 bottles of the purge and start the engine( with the air in the lines now it will want to stall , so keep it running)

It takes about 3 mins to see it turn from clear to black and it will take about 15 mins to run through all 4 bottles of the stuff.

Once the container is near empty I shut the truck off and let the rest of the purge sit in the fuel system for a while (overnight is good if you can)

Griz

Reaction score
When I was pondering buying my '93, it was smoking diesel pretty bad after warm up. I figured worst case I was looking at injectors and possibly an IP. Local tech told me to run Diesel Kleen. I ran it in my tanks and in a new fuel filter. Drove it for 10-15 miles still smoking and parked it. Next day the smoke was gone and it ran like new. Three weeks later and it runs like a top. Amazing stuff.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny my tread was bumped from 5 years ago.
Anyhow, from always adding 1-oz of TCW-3 to my fuel I gave up on that about eight month ago.
Since then I've been religiously adding 1-oz of Power Service to three gallons of fuel and I gotta say I do indeed notice a better running engine.