Best Glow plugs For Controller?

7.3 man

7.3 idi man
Reaction score
What are the best Glow plugs for the controller? I keep hearing Accurate diesel, diesel rx, diesel logic, but I'm leanin more towards the ZD9. :) Converting my truck back to stock with controller new.

Black dawg

Reaction score
dont have experience with those other plugs to really say anything about them, but zd9s with the stock controller WILL work , and will work good.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running the self regulating dual coil ones from Accurate Diesel for a couple years now. No complaints from me, though I am not running the stock controller either, I'm manual push buttoned.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You glowplug harness and the connectors on the glowplugs themselves had better be in tip top shape, or you will have trouble starting the truck with the auto controller.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have run most of the plugs and I feel confident telling you the motorcraft beru ZD( will work best of all. I am positive about telling you the autolites and the champions are horrible and never use them. I lost a few tips that went thru my turbo years ago. Both of those plugs are known to loose tips and swelll up so bad they wont pass thru the head. So guess what.. your removing the heads... Not a fun job for cheaping out and running sub standard plugs..

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
My 91 does better starting with Bosch. My 88 I sold ate the boschs and needed the motorcraft