Best Batteries..???

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Doing a little research, and the Canadian Tire batteries I bought (Motomaster eliminator) are built by exide. 850 CCA's, 1065 CA's, 160 minutes reserve.

mj05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that swear by the Odyssey, but don't want to pay the price, check out the Sears Die Hard, and find one spec'd how you like, then compare the prices. Platinum Group 31's from Die Hard are the same as a PC2150 Odyssey, and roughly ~$100 cheaper.

I'm surprised that there wasn't more talk about diehards! I've always heard they were pretty good batteries!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I'm surprised that there wasn't more talk about diehards! I've always heard they were pretty good batteries!

The diehard line peaked when they were selling the incredacell battery about20 some odd years ago. It was a real oddball, had a whole bunch of real tiny cells in it, Had one of those things I abused the snot out of and it lasted over 7 years, The sears batts went downhill after that. The replacement i bought from them was a **** ( thing would drain if left to sit for two weeks, kind of uselss when out driving a truck , sears couldn't find anything wrong with it and refused to replace it :backoff and I haven't bought another batt from sears since, especially after the salesman's spiel about how the new style was *better* than the Incredacell. The autozone el cheapo I replaced it with worked fine and could sit for months without needing a jump.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is hard to believe, but I've got a set of seven year old Die Hard Gold Tops in my F250, and they still spin the motor well. They are getting a little weak, though. When they die I'll be replacing them with Die Hard Platinums.

NoDaK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i am not mistaken the diehard platinum series are made differently then the lower models. i have heard very good things about them...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Napa's batteries are made by DEKA. They are the best battery on the market. I have had Interstates, Exide:puke:,Cat, International,Deere, Motorcraft ,NAPA,Deka and AC Delco. I would never own anything other than a Deka/NAPA or a AC Delco

Times 2 on that. Anybody who lives in PA and doesn't buy DEKA should be shot. LOL The last set I bought were NAPA's that went in the Moose Truck, based on Deka making them. I'm about to buy 2 more for the Moosestang.

Fordman84

Fordman84
Reaction score
You guys might not belive this but i am using a set of gel battires my dad got from the air force before he retired in 1997!! and they still work great to this day!! I think he said they came out of some hummvees they had. they were test batteries. There is no name on them just stickers that say "U.S Air Force" nothing else. But it gets cold here and it spins the truck like no tommorow.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
You guys might not belive this but i am using a set of gel battires my dad got from the air force before he retired in 1997!! and they still work great to this day!! I think he said they came out of some hummvees they had. they were test batteries. There is no name on them just stickers that say "U.S Air Force" nothing else. But it gets cold here and it spins the truck like no tommorow.

hmmvw's are 24 volts.....:confused:

-Jon

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
A year ago when my batts crapped out I was rather poor, and I went to Interstate and begged for help...they hooked me up with a pair of "BLEM" batts (scratch n' dents) for 22.50 a piece. They are great, can't beat the price, and when they run down (bad starter not batt) after only 45 min on a 5A charger will get me back enough juice to start the engine. Really dig Interstates.

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A year ago when my batts crapped out I was rather poor, and I went to Interstate and begged for help...they hooked me up with a pair of "BLEM" batts (scratch n' dents) for 22.50 a piece. They are great, can't beat the price, and when they run down (bad starter not batt) after only 45 min on a 5A charger will get me back enough juice to start the engine. Really dig Interstates.

THATS WHAT I'm talking about! :yell:

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Let's see, what was your dad's name?.....I'm from the theft bureau and need to recover stolen items..........naaaa....just kidding but don't forget 'op-sec'[operational security ie don't tell on yourself]...[ya might want to revise your post]...don't forget what happened to the 100 mpg carburators!

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think next time i have to pick up some batteries im gonna try and get a pair of oddesy batteries. They are made here in Warrensburg at the Enersys plant. So if the sears Plat are oddesy then thats what ill probably get.

Right now my truck has 2 850cca Interstates and they have been good to me even in this cold weather.