Bed style opinions/debate

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Food for thought you may want to make the bed have a removable "hatch" over the fuel tanks so if you ever need to service the sending unit or pick-up you won't have to drop the tanks. It would be a pita to pump out a tank full of fuel and dop it.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

made a cage for it, so now its 8x6x4. Just need to space the wheels out 2-2.5" and i can cut that stupid wheel arch out of the rear and have a full 6 food wide deck.
id love to make some sort of hinge/slider system for the rear gate, as right now its just full removable. I keep it up and tie strapped down, but its annoying when i want to get into the toolbox because I have to walk crouched for a bit. I want it to swing out and slide in along the side somehow.

also, i really wanted to made it a bit wider but couldnt stand the look of it hanging out over the bed, so i could put my toolbox on casters , and be able to roll it to the rear of the truck on a rail. Use it as weight in the winter and facilitate tool getting! man..i really should have done that lol.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
I guess that could be another reason to install onboard air. LOL

I wander if some of the twist lock things could be used.
Like on the hoods of drag cars.

Like these. http://m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1620
Or some other variant of them.

Possibly but keep in mind those arent really designed to hold any weight, short hood pins might work better as far as the onboard air a cheapie cordless would work even a HF special should have enough torque for something like that. (although I should be getting OBA this spring :) )

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its kind of like that right now, logt it a few inches and its fully removeable, but its still a pita, weighs probably 40 lbs, and annoying if i habe to access the bed few times a day.
Dually axle would work but they would stick out reaaaaly far lol