banks gen 2 install (bout time)

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
haha i have faith in ya!!!! and these engines for that matter. Mine was boosted right after it rolled of the showroom flow and it hasnt yet needed a head gasket job :knock on wood:

brokeasajoke

Reaction score
This pump has never been dynamic timed. Should I back off some timing just to be safe until I can have it timed correctly?

brokeasajoke

Reaction score
Didnt get a whole lot done today before work between reading my youngest girl books and giving the crows a hard time with my 338 lapua. Got pedestal aligned and tighened down after straightening bent brace. Oil line installed and crossoverpipe which required some heat persuasion. PO made it one piece and it didnt fit my truck well. Maybe it had rusted out. Back on it tomorrow maybe

brokeasajoke

Reaction score
Finished up today. PO had wrong bolt thread in oil block on turbo so when i tried to put in a longer bolt that caught morw than the first couple of threads i broke the cast ear off where the block mounts. Those are metric lol. That was an O heck/ holy poo moment. Tacked it back on and run a tap through it. Should hold. Not much pressure on it i wouldnt think. Just squeezing that oring down. My line for my boost gauge is almost too short i will have to find some longer line. Went ahead and retarded pump about a dimes width until i can time this thing correctly. All i can say is WOW what a difference. It really woke it up. Im getting 8psi right now and thats where it will stay until i can have it timed. I can pullthe mountain i cross everyday a gear higher and still pick up speed. It had more whistle than expected too but i have no exhaust yet and my cobbled up pipe is dumping just behind rightside cab corner.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol i did the same thing.i had to drive mine in chip truck with just the dp while i waited a few days to have banks send me the intermediate pipe.the whistle drives ya crazy after a day of that.she'll tone down when you get some more pipe on it.feels bizarre climbing the same hills not only way faster but in a whole higher gear.diesels need forced induction.;Sweet

brokeasajoke

Reaction score
What the heck? Ive lost 10-15psi of
oil pressure. Let it warm up good
after work tonight and gauge was on
0. Went up to 20 after a little throttle.
Oil filter was warm so oil must be
flowing. Never got over 25-30 on the
way home even at 3000rpm. Now i
have oil in the valley pan too back at
the hold down screw and turbo isnt
leaking. Looks like its blowing out of
square hole in the screw.

brokeasajoke

Reaction score
First off these trucks should have
come with a pad on top of radiator
as standard equipment. Found my