Back from the Rally

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devon, That was Andy's rig, and he won best paint. There was a Cummins in there, so if they hair is standing up on your back, that is why. LOL Actually, there were a LOT of awards going to cummins powered trucks this year. The group has certainly relaxed our standards a bit. They used to be inelidgeable. I supposed their is a real possibliity that these rallies may not have any IDI's in them some day.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Devon, That was Andy's rig, and he won best paint. There was a Cummins in there, so if they hair is standing up on your back, that is why. LOL Actually, there were a LOT of awards going to cummins powered trucks this year. The group has certainly relaxed our standards a bit. They used to be inelidgeable. I supposed their is a real possibliity that these rallies may not have any IDI's in them some day.

Correct he won Best Paint,..A WELL Deserved Award, The truck was simply beautiful, and it was completely done himself, Including the body work, Paint, Cummins Conversion, and the Mirrors, Most of it within the last few months.

Here is a better pic of it:

You must be registered for see images

As far as a "LOT" of awards going to the Cummins, Lets take a look at that a minute,..

Best Paint: went to Andy as stated,..and well deserved,..as stated.

Best Non IDI Conversion:, That one obviously would go to a Cummins Powered Truck, so that would be a moot point.

Most Patriotic: I won that one, Really had nothing to do with the Motor, I just put a lot of effort into that category with a 911 Tribute Theme.

Best Of Show: was the only real award that may have been taken away form an IDI truck, with the firemen being the non partial judges.

As far as lowering standards, I would have to disagree, I think the standards were raised if anything, Just depends on how you look at it. There were some high caliber trucks at this rally, the Most of any rally in the past.

One thing we do know that Moose Vally took home a truck load of hardware as well.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
yeah i know we'll see where the 2013 rally takes place and see if i have all my bugs worked out by then

It will be in the Indianapolis, Indiana area. I went yesterday on a campground outing. Didn't find one yet that I just fell in love with.