Auto lite glow plugs Are REALLY BAD!

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get Motorcraft ones in-stock at O'reillies, or available at Napa.

Champions are better than Autolites, but not "as good" as Beru/Motorcraft.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my zd9’s I ordered on Advance AP, used a coupon code, drove down an hour later and paid less than $5/ea. They should be no less available than other brands and when all else fails, Amazon.

tractorhead

Reaction score
I have had very good luck with dual coil plugs from accurate diesel. Made in the USA

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had very good luck with dual coil plugs from accurate diesel. Made in the USA
While they won't specify the manufacturer, those look like Wellman/DieselRX plugs. They are... OK. Haven't had one bulge, but I've killed a few...

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I read about the Autolite Glow Plugs being AFU, I got these champion ones, I hope these are note like the problems with the Autolite brand, what say you all?

You must be registered for see images attach
After my original Motorctaft GP's were going bad (bought my truck new) I ran Champs for well over 20 years...when they died (at least for me) I never had a problem getting them out and never experienced a swollen tip.
Don't know who was making the Champion GP's way back then vs now but again no horror stories for me to tell. Beru have been in for about three years now. They are a little thicker and the slightest bend/warp can make them scary to get out. (that's my experience of the two GP's)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online