Aussie Headlights

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I was going to PM Heath (hesutton) on this since he has them on his "Big Red". Someone sneaked in here and changed how PM's work! Or do they work at all?

So here is what I was going to PM:

I'm dead set on converting my 91 to Aussie headlights so I can run LED headlights. Do you have a list of the parts or the part #'s for the parts needed? Of course sourcing everything together used would be best of course. Also, is the turn signal / parking light the same or are the Aussie ones needed?

Big Red has always been my favorite Brick Nose. Just like the look. But regardless of the look the Aussie headlights are the only really practical way to get reliable high output headlights. Which I need more every year LOL!

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the PM still works but it has a different layout then before.

Darrin had a thread going on with that swap. if you can find it im sure it can help with the info you need.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i looked up headlight bulbs by part number for my brick nose I can't remember right now if it's 9003 or 9004 but I found led bulbs with that number and I wonder if they would fit? They weren't listed as fitting my truck but have the same part number as my bulbs now

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck is actually big Red, he calls his big Ed I believe. It is a gorgeous truck that inspired my build quite a bit.

:D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup....

Darrin - Big Ed.
Mike - Big Red.

Both trucks are red.

I don't have a red truck, and neither of them have a cool name.

The "the F250" and "the crew cab." The yet to be delivered truck with likely be "the F450." LOL

I'm not too creative when it comes to naming my rigs.:dunno

Heath

Last edited:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, I wish you all the luck to find the Aussie lights. Darrin was extremely fortunate to find his (took a friend that lived down under to hunt down a set). Heck even the fella who lives in Australia and owns a brick doesn't have Aussie lights. Apparently they were used on one specific package in Australia so there weren't many to start with. Something like the pre-08 super duty truck here that have sealed beam headlights.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Fortunatly I have a couple close friends down under. Both have actually been here about 20 years. But have family / friends back home.

However my memory lately sucks, how embarrassing, of course it's Big Ed and Darrin Tosh.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the information bout the down under wrecking yard.I too have always wanted better headlights. No matter what or how I polish mine.. The lenses never clean up.Yellow is the color of the day on mine... Sad looking almost headlights...

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
IIRC, I caught a listing on ebay AU from them and they will not ship to the US. Best bet is to inquire with one of our AU members and arrange payment for the parts and shipping through them. I'd love a couple sets of those lights and at least one turbo 300-6 crossflow head.