Attn: MOOSE Products Owners

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I would get the moose pump first and see how that goes.

Although interested in trying them out, I don't see how my truck needs moose misters. I'm lucky to use 1/8th of the fuel I have available.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Your just jelous. ;p

LOL

I don't recommend a full Moose Pump for an NA, and I do not support turning the pumps DOWN. Turning them down results in a really bad calibration. I've been asked several times if I can "get a Moose Pump now, turn it down, and then turn it back up when I get a turbo." My suggestion for those considering that, would be to just get a Baby Moose and sell it when you want to upgrade, or just wait and get the turbo first.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't recommend a full Moose Pump for an NA, and I do not support turning the pumps DOWN. Turning them down results in a really bad calibration. I've been asked several times if I can "get a Moose Pump now, turn it down, and then turn it back up when I get a turbo." My suggestion for those considering that, would be to just get a Baby Moose and sell it when you want to upgrade, or just wait and get the turbo first.

Now you have my attention. What happens when you turn it up? How much can I turn it up?

Not going to right now since my pyro is shot at the moment, but just curious.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can be turned up. How much is left depends on each pump, but most have something more to give. The calibration will work fine with more fuel.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you need to turn it up? If I get caught off boost and roll the throttle open I make the people behind me turn their headlights on. Plus EGT's are crazy when that happens. In normal driving where I can spool the turbo prior to dropping the hammer it will still smoke a little when floored all the way up to 3k rpm. I must say the torque curve is really nice too.

Now if you had the air to support it. Hmm.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's my hope that Moose Pump owners are satisfied enough not to have to mess with it. Once you start tinkering anything can happen.