ATS non waistgate turbo on 1990 f superduty Auto

dieselman29200

Pa. Oil Burner
Reaction score
I just picked up a 1990 F Superduty, 7.3, E4OD, Only has 47000 miles! The truck has a couple small issues but the one im most concerned with is that when they installed the turbo, they removed and capped the trans. filler tube. The down pipe is right in front of the capped off fill tube. I cannot check or fill the transmission the way it is. Does anyone have a pic of how the fill tube and dipstick is supposed to work with the auto trans? Also I dont like how close the cooler lines are to the exhaust pipes. The other problem is that the turbo is leaking oil from the pedestal mount, and when the engine is running, there is crank case vapors coming from the bottom of the intake manifold in the direction of injection pump. Any info would be appreciated. I called ATS and they were not very helpful, the parts are discontinued. I don't know if I should try to fix the turbo or just remove it?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of what you have and what the interference looks like, it’s highly possible the piping could be home made and not original to the kits design which is why you have so much of a fitment issue. There is a factory turbo dipstick, but if the exhaust travels right above the tube that’s not going to help you much.