ats 3" upgrade

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I found.d one new in the box and was wanting to know its value and if it was worth the effort. Any advice is welcome

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is worthless to most... LOL But i tend to collect worthless stuff according to super wifey on ocassion.

I will pay shipping and you should just send it ti me.... LOL

Just sayin.... LOL

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Well after reading it has a v-band so it must not be the upgrade. May still get it for my turbo. The waste gate is stuck shut

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3in ats down pipe is a major upgrade over stock rode in both an only way to go is 3in

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no outlet elbows, but get the v band one anyway, Ill take your seized one if you want to part with it. I need some to make up some turbo kits.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not only are ats housings 3 inch for the down pipe but the turbine housing is larger.

Actually you are 1/2 correct 2 times...rofl

There is an outlet for stock housing with 3" DP and that outlet also bolts on the optional turbine housing as well...

You could get one or the other or both....

The DP outlet bolts to the 093 system either the stock restrictive one or the aftermarket 3"

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. The 3" turbine outlet aside, are the actual turbine housings different on a factory Ford 093 system vs an aftermarket ATS 093 system. I've been under the impression that a Factory Ford/ATS system upgraded with the 3" turbine outlet makes it the same turbo as the ATS turbo kit that came that way. Someone please set me straight.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
my understanding is that if you bought a 093 kit from ATS then it would have the 3" slip fit outlet and down pipe and it would also have a larger exhaust housing.

the factory ford 093 system had the small exhaust outlet, and smaller exhaust housing. other than those two things i "think" the turbos are the same.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the turbine housing is the same ar just a little wider across the "back" of the curved area. The outlet elbow is bigger but the factory one with a banks downpipe is still a vast improvement over the flattened pos.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the turbine housings actually are sightly different where the outlet elbow mates to the turbine housing. Would the factory housing benefit from some custom machining when I get the turbo rebuilt?

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I ordered the banks 3" upgrade for my factory turbo. It's been sitting in the barn waiting until this weekend! $81 to my door! But I was lucky enough to call on black friday.

I was very impressed when I pulled the flattened DP out for the first time. That is just plain pathetic.