ATS 093 Comp Housing

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.a lower pressure chamber gasket.Fel-Pro #60038 (use black rtv on both sides) OR Victor Reinz #G27098 (use black rtv on both sides) OR custom ordered to those gasket specs a reusable square cut o-ring.

im using the carb intake gasket w/ black rtv without issue @ 8 (intercooled) psi.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have lots of the intake snail seals. shipping is more than the part. let me know.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i am gonna stop at a local turbo shop tomorrow. was told they will probly have these on the shelf......friend got his turbo for his idi modded and rebuilt by this shop.

i did get the comp housing off today.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Well....they didn't have an oring......mcmastercar doesn't have anything. Might end up buying a rebuild kit off ebay just for this oring....sucks lol

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ebay kit wont have the right size ring in it. they come with a to4b, which is way too big, or a t3 which is too small. I just took one to a hyd seal warehouse so they can order. Im going to get 100 of them.
Because I never have the right one.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Thats a great!!! Thanks for helping out the IDI community, it doesnt go unnoticed :)

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
well guys.....went the RTV route yesterday morning. put it together, let it sit all day yesterday and most of today....test drove it and made absolutely zero different. boost still doesn't move until 2K rpm and maxes out at 11-12 with WG hooked up. WG plugged i can hit 14 but i am usually doing roughly 80mph and WOT at that point. LOL Gonna take a step back and try to understand what exactly is going on here. lol

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Used the truck today.....boost didn't change at all......was paying attention to egts more though....cruise at 55 is now like 350 maybe 400..before it was about 400-450......had a load of firewood in the bed. Took off from a stop and then wot once I was moving. ...egts hit like 850 and boost hit 11psi...then stopped dead in its tracks......the smoke I had before doing anything with this boost leak seem to be gone now......

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
In an effort to see if I had my boost leaks sealed up I used brake clean to spray around the turbo. .....I didn't get anything....no change in rpm, nothing

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
So today at school i tested it again....good news is the compressor housing is sealed up nice and tight now, ZERO leaks from that guy! Now the "bad" news.....when i hooked the smoke machine up to the inlet of the turbo i filled it up with enough smoke to the point that i had smoke coming out of the CDR tube, thought that was a little odd. Went and talked to my teacher about it....he said plug the CDR tube with a rag and then pull the oil dipstick out and re-smoke it......i got smoke coming out the dipstick tube instantly......so it appears that the intake manifold gasket/valley pan is leaking at at least one of the intake ports at the bottom of the gasket letting boost get into the lifter valley, thus getting int he crank case....explaining the smoke out the CDR tube and the dipstick tube.Sucks that i gotta rip the intake off now....at least it is not a hard job. i am mostly happy that i figured out my boost issue though LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle