As Legal As They Come!

MasterM00SE

Son of Mel
Reaction score
Well, it could be a long story, but I would hate to ham it up anything larger than it was, the short story: I went to the PennDOT office for my drivers test, send all the paperwork through, pull around back to the course, the dude gets in (not the nicest guy, stoic in appearence and actions, but professional) has me do the usual: headlights, turnsignal, 4 ways, wipers, etc. Parallel parking is first on the list, acting confident- pulled up, backed in pulled up, streightened up, park. Pull out of the parking space, up to the stop sign make a left. After three lefts and two rights later, He congraduated me on my efforts and sent me inside to get my picture taken.
I feel GREAT. Now to tackle that titling issue. :D

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
NICE! Congrats!
I remember the day I got my license... Passed with a perfect score, and all in my brothers 68 mustang. lol The look on the instructors face was PRICELESS when he saw what we were driving for our test vehicle. lol

Had my first accident that day too... ran into a HS teachers pickup in the school parking lot with my moms 94 CC. HA!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welllll.... Finally you got a break... Other than meeting up with Mr. Cop last week.... See... Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn sometimes...:D Congraduations on what used to be the hardest part..... I didn't pass my first driving test. I didn't see the uncontrolled intersection and just drove thru it. I didn't see any stop signs and thought it was fine.... The jerk doing the test with me shouted at me and told me to turn right. I asked if I had flunked the test and he said right.. So I just turned right again like I thought he wanted me too. I passed the next time because it was the same driving direction.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
The only thing I got docked for on my test was going to slow on one portion because it was a 35 and i was doing about 25 cuz i wasn't familiar with the town

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!! ;Sweet

I still have the scoring sheet from when I took my driving test. I was dinged 19 points (so I got 81 out of 100) because, in the opinion of the tester, I waited too long when stopping at a stop sign. I didn't think 1 second was too long? :dunno

You've opened up a whole new world. Just remember....at the risk of using a bad cliche, with great power comes great responsibility.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I got the thrill of my life when I took the driver's test. They had you use their vehicle, and they only did it one day of the week so they were faily busy, and there were 3 of us teenagers in the car. Well, i was in the backseat and a blonde girl was driving and when we went through a steep dip with a posted limit of 35, she looked at the tachometer and thought it was the speedometer and took it to 3,500 rpm(which ended up being somewhere around 60-70 mph in the gear she was in). I personally knew the lady administering the test and I have never seen her face like that before :rotflmao.

I did fine except forgetting to check one blind spot.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Show off......hee hee hee.Took me 2 times to get it right......Ya'll still gotta do parallel Parking up there?Man,we ain't gotta do that here......I remember mine.Head lights,Horn,Left turn,Right turn.Now back out and head for the course.Stop sign.Turn left.Now stop.Back up straight(They got me on this one the first time.I backed up trucker style using my mirrors).Good,now forward again 90degree right turn now stop and do a 3 point turn.Good.Turn left again and stop at the rigged red light(wonder how many people do the yellow light run here!).Ok,Head back to the HQ.At the main gate to the course they hid a stop sign in some vines and brush so you really gotta pay attention.Stop,Turn right and park.Turn off engine....Crap....shifter all the way down to Drive slam back up to get it to go into park....there we go.POS chevy....Hee hee hee.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the accomplishment! This is a great day, I know it was to me. It is the beginning of not only freedom, but the beginning of truly becoming obsessed with vehicles and your fleet REALLY grows from here on out... Ha ha

When I took my test, it was with my dad's cousin's 76 Cordoba and that thing ran so nicely complete with the Chrysler dual exhaust rumble from the 360 (yes, 360 and not 318) and perfect 10 year old paint. Considering my dad took me driving out on the road with his '82 Suburban 4x4 diesel and that I spent most of my childhood driving the farm truck around the farm (and maybe off of the farm a little...) with a stick and usually a wagon or other load behind me, I had a bit of practice but was marked down by the examiner because I acted too calmly. It was ok, I got it on the first try which was all I cared about.

And so begins all those trips to the store in the absolute WORST weather for some small, yet very much necessary item. I like to use milk or some cereal for my nieces as an excuse.

MasterM00SE

Son of Mel
Reaction score
I don't think that I'll need to make up to many excuses to find a reason to drive solo. With as busy as my life is, it's practically necessity....If only I had my own set of wheelsLOLLOLLOL......darn title and registration in the way:mad: now it's back to Brimmers!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did good! We practiced the parrallel parking thing the night before. Some of his friends at school all flunked that part of the test and we were led to believe he would get ONE shot at doing it right, so there was a lot of concern over that. Turns out he would get 3 shots if needed, which he didn't. If we had known that, he would have been a more relaxed going into it. We're off Monday, so hopefully the NightMoose will get some attention this weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle