Anyone put both batteries on one side?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an optima in our Kawasaki mule I use to move trucks and parts around the shop and property. It’s been in there at least twelve years, but is setup with a solar panel and charge controller that has kept it topped off since new.

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an optima in our Kawasaki mule I use to move trucks and parts around the shop and property. It’s been in there at least twelve years, but is setup with a solar panel and charge controller that has kept it topped off since new.
Your Optima was US made then, they moved production to Mexico in January of 2009.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1320247

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
XLT
7.3 Factory IDIT w/Banks Sidewinder
5spd Manual

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Your Optima was US made then, they moved production to Mexico in January of 2009.
When I worked for Good Year, The 2001 F550 service truck had optima batteries in it. Those batteries weren't lasting very long in it back then. I quit that job in October 2007.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well, geez, we don't care about gas engines or their batteries!;Poke Just messing around!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know there’s diesel Kawasaki mules right? I’m not disagreeing with the optima batteries being crap, but agreeing they used to be good.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You know there’s diesel Kawasaki mules right? I’m not disagreeing with the optima batteries being crap, but agreeing they used to be good.
I wasn't saying anything specific. Just that had seen gas vehicles mentioned.
Otoh, I've seen people on other forums that have seemed to have good luck out of them lately. OTOOH, the newer trucks that people are running them in are a lot smoother than a idi...
Imo, on batteries, I shop for warranty these days.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I still just use the Economy's from Interstate. They have a short warranty, but less that $50 a piece they last fine. In my gassers, they have lasted as long as a full price battery. My 6.0 will eat a set of batteries in 3-4 years, no matter how much I spend. Actually, the last set that didn't have enough oomph to start my 6.0 ended up in the IDI and worked just fine. But, that IDI didn't have working glow plugs, so it was only running the starter....

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, Walmart advocate here again on another thread! I just wanted to say I've never had an actual failure from a Walmart everstart, during the same period that I've had 4 optimas fail in the same scenario. And now that they have started their economy line, they run in the $50 range as well.

This has been your Walmart moment with BR3 , THANKS

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I still just use the Economy's from Interstate. They have a short warranty, but less that $50 a piece they last fine.

I couldn't even find them when I checked an official interstate battery store in Amarillo. The lowest price was over $100.

I went with a pair of Everstart Maxx 65N for $94 each. Easier to warranty claim when out on the road like I am, and cheaper than anyone else.

Beware of the 65S which is only 700 CCA, while 65N is 850 CCA like IDIs call for. I got JC made ones too, not Excide which they seemed to be switching to last winter.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm liking the Costco Interstates - 42 month warranty(free replacement), <$100, 850 CCAs.
Obviously, you may need a Costco membership(or friend with one) to purchase.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller