Anyone put both batteries on one side?

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm liking the Costco Interstates - 42 month warranty(free replacement), <$100, 850 CCAs.
Obviously, you may need a Costco membership(or friend with one) to purchase.
This is the way I go, Costco has one of the best return policies going. They haven't complained one little bit when I come in and say "one of these two batteries has a bad cell/isn't holding charge, but because it's a diesel I have to replace them in pairs". The just take the batts back and prorate the warranty and I walk out with new batteries. Only done it twice in 13ish years but the second time was just last year.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't even find them when I checked an official interstate battery store in Amarillo. The lowest price was over $100.

I've always had to go the the counter and specifically ask for the Economy batteries, by name. I actually just bought a set about a month ago. I've never seen them on the website, and it's not something they recommend if you're just shopping. I think the last time the counter guy was new, or playing dumb because he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. Another guy came out from the back and I told him what I wanted and he went back and got a set. They were just over a $100 for both, without core charge. Core charge pushes them closer to $150.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a better alternator than the 3g 130 amp? I feel like mine doesn't fully charge the batteries, they aren't dead or anything but my 40 amp charger always seems able to pump more in...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a better alternator than the 3g 130 amp? I feel like mine doesn't fully charge the batteries, they aren't dead or anything but my 40 amp charger always seems able to pump more in...

Bigger yes but better? Idk.

Are you sure it's installed correctly and working properly? Mine puts out just fine. Are you doing something that's draining the batteries or are they just not "fully topping off"?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bigger yes but better? Idk.

Are you sure it's installed correctly and working properly? Mine puts out just fine. Are you doing something that's draining the batteries or are they just not "fully topping off"?
Looks like it puts out fine, doesn't 'feel' topped off. I'll install a voltmeter and see where I'm at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88