Anybody talked to Russ (typ4) lately? Need to contact asap.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Ordered a set of injectors a few days ago and havent heard from him. I realize he is not a business, I'm just getting in a bind for time. Have to be out of my shop by the 19th and dont really want have to tow it out. The building is coming down by the 30th. Much chaos right now.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
assuming your PP included your username and delivery location, your package should be hitting the road on Monday. That is the the day he usually does his ship-outs.

SlimF350

Reaction score
See, I should've just waited to read this before I pm'd about my shipment tonight. Figures :D

Slim

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
two critical items when ordering from Russ.....OMISSION OF EITHER OR BOTH will result in delays in parts being sent out.
1) you must include your OB/FTE/PSN handle in your PP correspondence.
2) you must have a "ship to" address in your PP correspondence.
if you are sending a check include your OB/FTE/PSN handle as well as a ship to in correspondence with the check.
FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DELAYS IN SHIPPING.
I DO NOT have any involvement in his business other than I am buying parts from him on a very frequent basis. I have no problems in getting my parts on a timely basis. If you aren't and haven't been notified by Russ/typ4 of out-of-stock items, YOU HAVE FAILED IN PROVIDING PROPER INFORMATION.
honestly I like it when others ahead of me fail in doing such basic items. they are left in limbo-land, and I get my parts and my customers leave happy with good running trucks.
other notes to live by.......
Russ/typ4 works far away from his home and comes home once a week. as a result, he fills orders when he gets home and ships once a week. if you need instant gratification, take your $$$ somewhere else that can "promise" Fed-Ex fast order fulfillment. places like Pensacola diesel and Bill Williams can promise you such service. not so with Russ/typ4.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
two critical items when ordering from Russ.....OMISSION OF EITHER OR BOTH will result in delays in parts being sent out.
1) you must include your OB/FTE/PSN handle in your PP correspondence.
2) you must have a "ship to" address in your PP correspondence.
if you are sending a check include your OB/FTE/PSN handle as well as a ship to in correspondence with the check.
FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DELAYS IN SHIPPING.
I DO NOT have any involvement in his business other than I am buying parts from him on a very frequent basis. I have no problems in getting my parts on a timely basis. If you aren't and haven't been notified by Russ/typ4 of out-of-stock items, YOU HAVE FAILED IN PROVIDING PROPER INFORMATION.
honestly I like it when others ahead of me fail in doing such basic items. they are left in limbo-land, and I get my parts and my customers leave happy with good running trucks.
other notes to live by.......
Russ/typ4 works far away from his home and comes home once a week. as a result, he fills orders when he gets home and ships once a week. if you need instant gratification, take your $$$ somewhere else that can "promise" Fed-Ex fast order fulfillment. places like Pensacola diesel and Bill Williams can promise you such service. not so with Russ/typ4.

That was harsh. Especially since you don't know the details.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Towcat Knows All, young Padawan

:popcorn:popcorn

Ken... Sure glad I was not drinking something when I read your post. Truely buys... Russ is a very good person to deal with. but from what I have seen and continue to read here is members want something yesterday. then they sometimes fail to complete the order. Reading some of Russ's posts it seems some have sent money but nothing else. So who and where and what are the impossible parts going to. In my timing meter rental program I also got some of the same issues. So I required a phone number so I could contact the person and said person could call me anytime day or nite. I really tried to make the program work you each member. So if you feel your not being taken care of by Russ your really not seeing it clearly as Towcat has posted. Any mail order business will work just like Russ or towcat or me. BTW Towcat really does know and its not for me to feel he was "a little harsh" in his statement. We can agree to disagree on that and still be civil about it....

bayou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last i checked he has been hammered at work as well and is probly getting EXTREAMLY worn out from all the orders and work. im honestly surprized he is still doing it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do it because I like it,

Towcat, Thanks for posting up the info.very correct, we are now closer to home. THANK GOODNESS.

garbagemech, info sent, they tried to deliver yesterday,and you may have the wrong return kit, couldnt find info quick so sent late I think. if you need early let me know.

devon yours are there, they were delayed because I ran out of kits and didnt know it.
and some delays are from leaving things for the wife to do. not happening anymore.

and the biggest thing is address. If you have a paypal acct without an address, whats the point.
and definately give username and all crossover info in messages, and include return kit type in payment method whatever it is, even if you told me in a previous message that one could be deleted already. with this tiny pm box here its impossible to keep messages past 2 weeks. I always pm my email so it can be moved to there.

Thanks for the support. I will continue to do it as long as parts are available.
Russ/typ4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent