Antarctic IDI Build

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$1 Bob (or Drew for you not old enough to remember Mr. Barker)

I'm going to say 9500. My crew cab is 7400ish but that ambulance has a bit more to it.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andddd drum roll please!

You must be registered for see images attach

10920 lbs. with half of one tank full.

Truck did great on the highway, plenty of power to keep a 75 mph pace up hills. Drove about 80 miles today and all went well, just lost an ac belt. Temps were good, coolant got up to 210 and trans got to 190 when it was working up the hills.

Stopped to fuel up and at a coin wash to clean the area around the rear tank. Could hardly get out of the gas station parking lot with this thing, everyone wants to know it’s story, I don’t think you can be in a bad mood and drive it.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, i really didn't think it would be that heavy. what the hell does the box weigh on its own? has anyone put just a cab/chassis truck on a scale? i would think that might be 5,500 lbs?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, i really didn't think it would be that heavy. what the hell does the box weigh on its own? has anyone put just a cab/chassis truck on a scale? i would think that might be 5,500 lbs?

Don't forget the ac inverter and a few hundred pounds of extra copper wire too. The box itself probably isn't too heavy, but it's "chock full o goodies"

I know those tires are pretty hefty too. They probably weigh twice what mine do because they're so big.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got plenty of gvwr left, a whole 80 lbs!

After working on this thing and driving it a bit, I’m not surprised by the weight at all, the these 37s are at least 150 a piece with the beadlocks.

I’ve moved our f superduty around with our skid steer and I’d say it’s probaly around 5700 with just the cab and chassis.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, I have the same truck, and without a ambubody it weighs a 2620Kg-5776Lbs though with stock tires

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the alternator belt is what snapped not ac belt. Got a new one from the parts store and of course it’s the wrong belt. Stole the new ac and alt belts from our 89 instead.

Charged the ac and got it blowing cold. Blower control seems to be finicky, I think the controller is corroded up, so I’ll need to look into that.

Checked my prefilter and the pleats had sucked shut as well, installed the jegs filter and stored two spare filters behind the seat.

Installed the diesel badge, need to clean up some of the adhesive that dripped down, but went on easy.

Got started on cutting these mint fenders for the overfenders-this pains me but it’s going to look great. Got the rough cuts done on each side after playing with the positioning for awhile. Going to take a flapper disc to it and clean it up and coat it before final install.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wauw, where does these overfenders come from? and those rims, are they from a Hummer?

That's a natural beast! I thought mine (with standard wheels) is already big, but this white one!!!!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are bushwacker brand, they can be found online. The tires are military run flats but the wheels are aftermarket bead locks. Glad you’re enjoying the project ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online