Antarctic IDI Build

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome progress I see a drain tube in one of ur pictures, was going to ask the dreaded question of parts/labor but none of my business wonders off to look thru idi forum on research n ignore the itch for a build I can't afford

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turbo is back in with new oil drain to turbo gasket, had to reclock the turbo a few times to get it lined up with the intake hat but finally got it right. Downpipe is bolted in and I added a t3 flange gasket while I had the turbo off, can’t hurt anything having a gasket in there even though banks doesn’t include one with their kits. Guess they are just really proud of their surface finish....

Here’s the gasket I used, you can get it anywhere if you say you need an oil drain for your 5.9 12v. Got the flange gasket the same way.
You must be registered for see images attach

Truck sounds great, doesn’t have any exhaust but really isn’t too loud. It’s mostly turbo whistle, even has a good whistle at idle. Going to doing a 4” exhaust out the side later on. Took it on a 3 mile run up and down the driveway and looks like the valley pan grommet is leaking, and acts like it’s running out of fuel. I think the filter is clogged already. Going to pull the turbo back off and address the grommet then finalize the intake and cdr situation then replace the return lines now that I’m done wrestling the top of the engine.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update time, got the return lines in and plumbed the cdr in with the banks adapter. 4 gauge a pillar pod is paint matched and massaged to fit the bricknose interior. Color is closer than the last one but still not quite perfect, little too red. Went to the quad so we could fit in a mechanical coolant gauge. Wired that into the harness and hooked up the pryromter. Going to order some more led bulbs and swap one into the coolant gauge so it matches the others and rotate the gauges while I’m in there so they are lined up better. Repainted the pyrometer bezel while I had the gauges out.

Turned the fuel up to a conservative starting place, hits about 10 psi waste gate unhooked. Boost controller is on its way and then going to be adding more fuel, I’d like to see 12 psi while not towing.

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What type of boost controller did you end up ordering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update time. Changed the oil today, drain plug was pretty cruddy, cleaned it up and installed a new copper washer.

Cleaned up the engine bay, vacuum lines got organized and shortened, half of the heater lines got eliminated so there’s only one coming from the head and water pump. Coolant filter is plumbed and installed. Eliminated the inline coolant heaters and their wiring to make some more room in the engine bay.
Topped off the coolant, radiator isn’t very clean but not terrible. I’ll be changing that filter out soon.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the turbonetics boost controller

Setup the banks ram air intake with some leftover parts

Took the truck up and down our driveway and acted like it ran out of fuel, crawled underneath the truck and the prefilter had sucked it’s pleats shut. Replaced the filter and back on the road.

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was new as of a few weeks ago. Rear tank is full of crap and will be replaced with 38 gallon plastic tank soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropped the pan for lovely atf shower, then installed a new filter and the derale cooling pan.

Very clean inside, then again it only has 29k miles on it...

There were three different bolt sizes on when I removed it, so I picked up all new hardware, found out that there’s a couple places that have been tapped to a larger bolt size. Very common for these pan bolts to be stripped so no surprise there, old hardware went back into those few holes.

Ironed out a few boost leaks I had been chasing and called banks to diagnose a bad gauge, new pyro is on the way.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Banks transcommander installed, re-pinned the factory harness and integrated with the banks harness. Mounted the controller off the body seam from banks recommendation.

Here’s the pdf if anyone is interested http://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.bankspower.com/sdc/manual/96370_v3.pdf