Alright, what is the best battery for extremely cold climates.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a smoking deal, usually $85 is a good deal for Group 31s. What International Dealer, I am guessing Brattain.

darkbluefoxbody2

Reaction score
Damn, just called my Brattain International dealer down on Columbia Blvd and they DO have good prices on batteries! A 925CCA Group 31 is $70 plus core. I know where I'LL be stopping this week!

Edited for "lotza"

Like I said the VERY VERY best deals are at International, 31's 925cca Exides. I didn't know they were on sale again guess I'm off Sat. to buy more. If you need to mod the tray its still the best deal.
Just a note: I talked to the parts rep. they buy direct from Exide, an entire production run and sell them by the pallet for the best deal, there easy on cores too, I was told to bring ANY batt large or small back.

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When lead acid batteries reach 32 degrees F or colder they lose 50% of their power. Keeping your batteries warm is a very good idea.

Wellused

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exide.I buy a lot of Mil surplus.Thats what most have in them.Good battery's.

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The napa guy gave me $20 off if I bought my batteries from him so I got the 2 875cca batteries therr. will see if there is a big improvement in the morning.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to pop my hood tomorrow and see what it will take to lower the tray. I would love to have big batteries in mine!

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is how I made a pair of group 31s fit into my 94. No lowering required, just need to remove the lip off of the inside of the battery trays. As you can see the group 31s stick over about 1.5 inches. I don't really need the mudflap covering the positive posts, but I just felt better with it there. I got stud top, but they make post top batteries as well so they'll work with factory cables.

You must be registered for see images attach

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the battery cables? They did say that post top was a bit more money, I'm thinking It's probably worth it since I don't want to buy new cables yet though.

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, she started this morning (27f) no problem, took about 3-4 seconds before she lit up, I think the timing is off, the advance isn't working properly, there is a fault in the gp system or she has low compression because she was really rollin fast and should have lit off quicker.

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked all my plugs and sure enough one of my brand new zd-9's is burnt out. I'm pulling it and sending it back to amazon for an exchange. I went to the stealership and bought one (looks like it's 15 years old) for $17 and some change (amazon sells them for $11 with free second day shipping). Been hit pretty hard in parts this week, will have to wait till next pay check to do anymore ( timing meter rental was on my list for this pay check but that is blown to hell) or my wife will kill me. I find glow plugs are like that, you will get a bad one in ten even from a good manufacturer.

Last edited:

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok check this out, I bought all my glow plugs as ford zd-9's from amazon all came in sealed ford packaging but the one bad gp wasn't a Ford Beru, it is almost a dead ringer for an autolite.......

the one on the packaging is the ford part, the one to the left is an autolite. Notice the divot on the plug, Beru's are crimped on and leave lines, this one is held on just like an autolite.

Last edited:

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went and picked up my new G31 batteries this weekend. Massive pallet sitting in the middle of the parts store. I think the sale might be over, since he was telling me they were $70 but when he punched it into the system it came up as more. He honored the price, which was very nice of him to do so. Just need to find another pair of stud top converters and get them installed!