Alright...my turn

tractorman86

Reaction score
Go to a junk yard and get a vacuum pump from a superduty. They are small, 12v and have an adjustable pressure switch in them. They run the auto hubs on 4x4s and the a/c controls on all of them from 99 on.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
It runs. I put a jerry can by the pump and fired it up. It was hard to get the dang air out of the lines but after that, it fired up. I had it running for a while without any problems and NA. I then put a (loose) 90* poor fitting between the top and the intake. It was pushing boost out the bolt hole. Not a lot, but enough that it DOES have boost. I think I am going to really have to overdrive the blower to get over 5 psi. Don't know what just yet, since I do not have a boost gauge hooked up. Anyway, ordered the 90* silicone piece. I am going to put the GPs back on tomorrow and see if it will start without giving the goose of ether. Also, it is NOISY like never before. I have a feeling I am too far out on the timing. Good thing IH made that easy to check huh.

Pix and possibly a vid tomarrah.

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Well...I was gonna get some pix but I thought a vid would be better...Bad news is that my computer does not recognize the file that is on the phone. It runs. It has boost in the RPM band. Not sure how much, but it is not anywhere near 10 psi. I can hold my finger over the hole. It probably makes 1-5, but I am not 100% sure yet since the gauge is not hooked up and that is not the priority. If I can find the camera, I will get vids later, but now, I still have some stuff to tie up. I need to drive it today since it is supposed to snow.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it started man. Definitely need to see the pics and videos. I bet it sounds sick on there. You are the first on here that I have seen do it now I look forward to seeing how your testing goes...