Alright...my turn

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Ill do it if you want, but I do not care if others do not want to see my thread...But in the same respect, I would be kind of pissy if I missed it because of a misleading title. Busy this weekend, no work to be done on it. Delays delays.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill do it if you want, but I do not care if others do not want to see my thread...But in the same respect, I would be kind of pissy if I missed it because of a misleading title. Busy this weekend, no work to be done on it. Delays delays.

SWS

Ya I would at least do it when you are done with it. Its not a necessity at this point but I am sure people would at least want to see the final product and results. That would be good. ;Sweet

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been watching, just don't have much helpful to say at this point except good luck and can't wait to see it finished ;Sweet

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
...And going back to N/A for a while. Had some snow last night so, I have to have something to drive in that. This is where I was glad I was thinking ahead. not stopping the project, I just will be building other parts for a few weeks/days...

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks but at least you still will be able to get some work done on it still.

Last edited:

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I got some work done today but not much to show. I had to take the plates to my buddy again to have them cut. Unfortunately, because the alt mount was not 100% on, the angles of some of the stuff is not dead nuts in line with what it was. I got the front plate welded to the piece that mounts to the alt. I also got the strengthening plate tacked to the back behind the alt mount. It is a little off since the alt was actually hitting the t-stat housing so again, those lines are not in line with what I had initally invisioned.

None the less, forward progress. I put it together and grabbed the alt and tried to shake it. It did not move. So, a few more support plates to the initial mount and weld the idlers on and I will be good with MAYBE a support to that.

I am off this week and it is supposed to warm up to the 60s for most of the week. Provided my honey do list does not surpass the temps, I should have it rolling by the end of the week. But, with all of the snags I continue to hit, I may keep it NA until I can put all of the parts together and run it that way...OH, forgot, picked up another manifold for $30 bux , so I will start trying to make it a better flowing intake than what I have now. Or, I may say screw it and keep it for the next project.

Pix in a day or so.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look forward to gettin it done. As for the intake, look at the NMB2 and RacinNdrummin builds. Their intakes might give you some ideas.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Yeah, I looked at NBM2s build and when I saw the intake he made, I was like "Ahhhhhhhhhhh...I KNEW there was something I was missing". I then picked up another intake the other day for $30 at the boneyard. I was going to look into that, but will probably just leave it and use it for a different build for a different tow rig. Maybe a 2wd 4 door or somthing like a 70s ex-cab. Add a powerstroke turbo under the cab for that and there ya go...BUT, when you look at it like that, there is no reason to have the intake modified.

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Any other diesel project will be several years down the line. This will be setup to DD, hunt, 4 wheel, light towing, and whatever else needs to be done.

I got the front plate done with the exception of surrounding it with angle iron. With the 1/4" plate, there is VERY little movement. There is more in the tensioner than on the SC/Alt. I am having a few more plates cut to strenghten the SC mount so I will have a bunch more to weld to that.

Because of using the thicker plate, there was a problem with the way the idler pullies mounted. I had it all matched up, and saw the belt was against the rear rib of the tensioner. So, I cut (more with the grinder) and put the mount in flush with the plate. It is very close to the top of the front plate at it's highest point. There will be added strength because of that, so it will be done.

I am also having the top plate cut out for the outlet of the SC. This will be bolted down to start the sheetmetal outlet from the SC to a 3" pipe. The inlet is going to be 4ish" and I am trying to find a tube to make it fit. I have an inlet pipe off of a powerstroke to make the intsall easier (just for the winter), so I can run a conical K&N at the rear of the engine. For the summer, I am going to try to get it done the way I want.

Left my phone at work, pix will come a bit later.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is going to be the difference between what you are doing now and what you are going to do with it in the summer?

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I want to use the factory aircleaner for the inlet and have it mount on top in/on/about the factory location.

Anyway, something went wrong with the supermotors site and now I can not get in to my account. ****** me off that I get THIS close and cant save pix to the stinkin' interwebs. BUT, with that, I made a slight boo boo today. Got to thinking that with the front looking so good, when would I ever take this apart? I have no desire to take the front plate off. So, I bolted it together off of the vehicle and welded it to the top plate. Just stitched so it will take no time at all to cut them away. But I tired to make it work and bolt it on. No go. I toatlly thought I was going to get this done today and just start the inlet and outlet, and have it driving within hours. So, I have to take it apart, move, cut, drill, etc. and a few more hours. It blows but its all part of the game.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles man. Did you have to completely take it apart or did you just have to modify what you have? Your getting close man keep it up!! :)

On another note, I've done a lil more research and have decided to do the sepentine belt like you suggested. It'll be easier in the long run and then I can just mount the tensioner off of the SC mount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online