Simple turned hard

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will check the spot welds and see if they line up. When I was looking at panels I was looking at raybucks because I read in a restoration page somewhere that their panels were thinner and closer to factory. I don't know if that is true as I haven't had dealings with either company. But at the moment I am planning on cutting the whole floor pan out from behind the front seats up to the firewall from the parts truck and then install that into the 90. I had a friend that is a welder look at the truck and that is what he recommended and he is going to help. So for the moment that is the plan. I will definitely keep y'all posted on the progress and post pictures as I go.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might help you plot out where would be best for you cut out the floor pan. This is a patch I made for the support rail on my truck, it will be one and extends past the mount for wheel tub support. It was about in this shape originally and spot welded to the mount.

You must be registered for see images

This is the mount in relation to the support rail. The top edge of the mount, was spot welded to the high flat area of the floor pan.

This is where you will find the lower edge of the mount in relation to the floor pan.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7