Air tanks wanted

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Looking for a 20 gallon tank to mount in the bed.Prefer a skinny long one(40-44" long).Will take multiple smaller tanks off of semis.Must be quality tanks.None of those lighweight Air ride Grenades.Prefer a tank with a minimum of one 1/2" fitting and 200PSI rating(the pressure rating is optional but prefer one with a known Rating).

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Freight check with a local semi truck scrap yard. Mine is off of a semi trailer. It fits perfectly on the frame rail under the pass. door. I think there are 3 1/2 fittings on it. plus it has mounting brackets welded to the ends. I just cut two pieces of oak 4x4 long enough to reach the frame. I think I had to drill 2 or maybe 3 holes in the frame to mount it. I've had 120 psi in it with no leaks. And my tank is over 20 years old.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Thanks.Only problem I have with under the truck mounts is the Running boards.I am pretty much limited to between the rails or in the bed.The running boards have about 8 million brackets under there.Never seen a setup that was so over engineered!But then again,Look who was the Previous owner....There really wasn't such a thing as Over engineered on this truck.