Air shut off

pullinfarmer95

Reaction score
Does any one on here make a good air shut off for a resonable price? or does any one know where i can buy one? or the specs and everything to build my own? I need one on my 12 valve to run pro-stock classes. any help will be eppreciated!thanks guys

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Contact Whitmore here at OB.net, I believe he built his own. Just send him a PM HERE .

Whit

Reaction score
Give us more details of what exactly you need, 95 stroker is talking bout my ram air inlet that has a butterfly plate in it....................Is that what you want :confused:

pullinfarmer95

Reaction score
It just sais an air shut off and i am assumming a guillotine slide type that is spring loaded. it must have a cable from the back of the truck to activate it and on in the cabe in reach of the driver.

Whit

Reaction score
Originally posted by pullinfarmer95
It just sais an air shut off and i am assumming a guillotine slide type that is spring loaded. it must have a cable from the back of the truck to activate it and on in the cabe in reach of the driver.

Exactly, this will choke the motor from air and kill it.......safety device

aaklingler

Reaction score
i've heard of the guillotine slide type, i think at least one of the big pulling places sell them, but there more expensive then the rain cap so a lot of guys around me just rig up a rain cap.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
What about using a stove pipe damper, in a piece of aluminum irrigation tube? That way, you could put it inline, like a guillotine, but without the extra space, for the slider.

DSteinel

Reaction score
EEp sells them, not sure on price. Columbus diesel also sell them, If it made for pullin these two will have it

pullinfarmer95

Reaction score
Thanks for al the help i am working on a solution and you have given me some good ideas. I'll let you know what i figure out when i get there. right now i have the pistons out of the truck and we are doing so more BOMBING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBadDodge

Reaction score
Well I wil be putting her in tomarrow its solenoid operated emergency air shut off valve I sliced the intake tube and tig welded tube adapters. There is going to be a three-position switch on the dash, which will either send power to the pull cable on the rear bumper, flipped to shut the valve manually, and the third position will be off.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

BBD

DSteinel

Reaction score
I like the look of the one BBD has, about how much do you have in that set-up Scott. The other also lookes like it will work, I would think it would be strong enough. I would also like to get some kind of kill on my truck before I need it