Schroeder valve leaking after I shut off my truck

92LongBed

Reaction score
I'm getting a very high pitch noise from my Schroeder valve and some fuel/bubbles after I shut my truck off. I think my Schroeder valve is bad as I've been bleeding my fuel system of air for the past 2 weeks as I fix my truck. Anyone know of the size/link to a replacement valve? Thanks :D

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suspect that they are all the same? I'd try one from any other wheels I had laying around. Only takes a few minutes to try (assuming you have a way to remove/install it.).

CalIDI

Reaction score
In some cases the type of Schrader matters, such as in a compression tester. The valves in a tire will fit, and not work properly. I do not think it matters in this case, so you could try any Schrader valve you have lying around, but if it doesn't work, you may want one that was designed for a diesel fuel system. Those may be brass or nickel plated, and have Viton or other types of seals.

I say try any one you like, and if it doesn't work, try again with something else.

92LongBed

Reaction score
In some cases the type of Schrader matters, such as in a compression tester. The valves in a tire will fit, and not work properly. I do not think it matters in this case, so you could try any Schrader valve you have lying around, but if it doesn't work, you may want one that was designed for a diesel fuel system. Those may be brass or nickel plated, and have Viton or other types of seals.

I say try any one you like, and if it doesn't work, try again with something else.
yeah i dont have any others lying around so i'd like to just order the one that the fuel filter needs, just sometimes finding these parts online is very difficult

92LongBed

Reaction score
You can get a pack of them at Tractor Supply or Walmart, etc. for a few bucks.
And the caps that have a built-in installer/remover.
Worth a shot.

thanks, i took it out and cleaned it up and stuck it back in and now its no longer an issue, but i'm leaking fuel from somewhere on the fuel filter housin, my truck is back to not starting, i left it running to get the system filled up with good fuel and it sat in my driveway running just fine for 10 mins, got in it to drive around the neighborhood and it died on me . now it just cranks fast but just doesnt seem to be getting the fuel to ignite or some **** i am losing my mind