Air seat in an f350 ?

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Update:
New ( old )seats installed.
I found that the passenger seats out of an old International 9670 cabover work perfectly they have the heater mounted in a big box under the jump seat so they all use a low profile mount. some are rigid mount, some are rockers and some are rockers with air suspension. some of the older international conventional tractors have the heater under the jump seat setup too.

I managed to get a air seat for the drivers side and a rocker for the passenger.
I had an aftermarket front seat assembly made out of square tubing, so the drivers side was a simple matter of cutting off the old cross braces and welding in a couple in the right place, and the passenger side had a big plate that swung forward, so i just had to drill a couple of new holes there.

I couldn't get a passenger seat the right colour, but I'm putting seat covers on both anyway ( 3 pairs of small fingers in the back seat, don't want the suspension exposed ) besides, my wife LOVES, that passenger seat, everything hits in just the right spots.

I haven't got the compressor mounted yet, but I rigged a line with a schrader valve to charge it ( it looks really high, but once my big carcass gets planted on it, the thing settles down just right :D

------Robert

So the passenger side is out of an International truck. Where did the drivers side come from?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
So the passenger side is out of an International truck. Where did the drivers side come from?

Both seats were passenger seats out of international 9670 cabovers. I had to get them from two different trucks. Pickin's were kind of slim at the boneyard or i would have got another like the gray one, but my wife likes it just like it is, so that works for me ;Sweet
These seats are a hair narrower than the seats that were in it, so there's plenty of room for all the little adjustment controls on the sides. It also makes for better AC flow into the back seat as a nice side benefit.

-------Robert

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Well, I took it out for a little 120 mile spin yesterday. All I can say is SWEET ;Sweet

Air seats make a big truck tolerable, in a f350 dually , it makes the ride downright pleasant. Barely even notice speed bumps, expansion joints and potholes now. No more spine rattling at every little crevice ( which is good since I don't have much spine left to rattle :D
Definitely worth the effort to put that thing in.

----Robert