After years of idi ownership...

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

...finally got myself a timing unit. I am very much looking forward to using this on my "New" Superduty. Will be interesting to see how off it is.

The old dog let's off a bit of grey smoke pretty much all the time so we'll see if anything is off.

Also, once I get comfortable with using it, I may offer to time local folk's trucks in the CT area.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

...finally got myself a timing unit. I am very much looking forward to using this on my "New" Superduty. Will be interesting to see how off it is.

The old dog let's off a bit of grey smoke pretty much all the time so we'll see if anything is off.

Also, once I get comfortable with using it, I may offer to time local folk's trucks in the CT area.

Great to use it to help others!! Just don't loan it out & make enemies.:frustrate:frustrate

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Great to use it to help others!! Just don't loan it out & make enemies.:frustrate:frustrate
Exactly. I don't plan to loan mine out at all. Fortunately, I don't know of very many IDIs around me. If those owners want to get theirs timed, then they can come to me. Most of the time, mine will be sitting safely in a cabinet in my garage.

ISPKI

Reaction score
Yeah I wont be loaning this out ever but I have a good size parking area at my house and a 2500 sqft 3 bay shop building and wouldnt mind getting to know some of the few local IDI owners in the area. I have seen a handful of these being used for local landscaping companies.

Also curious, what else can this meter be used for? Can it be used to check timing on non diesels and carb'd engines?

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seller must be making a killing, I've seen 5 or 6 people including myself get one these last few weeks

ISPKI

Reaction score
That seller must be making a killing, I've seen 5 or 6 people including myself get one these last few weeks

Yeah I had reserved myself to not wanting to blow hundreds of dollars on these. I always thought that a functioning used meter would run me 500$+ so I just never looked into them.

I wonder where he is getting these. Maybe he bought a bunch of a military surplus equipment at auction or something? Nobody makes these anymore right?

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
where are you guys getting these from? I am going to have to get one soon.

Rock

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online