AFE replacement filters 99-03

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Anyone know of any good places to get a replacement or two? I have the AFE Magnum Force, it's probably the series one. Was thinking maybe Bob Riley? Anyone else pick one up at a good price?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check with Dale.............. powerstrokeshop.com

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
I'd like to go through one of our sponsor's here too. thanks for the info Mike, I forgot about Dale.

kwazyca

HALF A BUBBLE OFF?
Reaction score
Swany said:
Anyone know of any good places to get a replacement or two? I have the AFE Magnum Force, it's probably the series one. Was thinking maybe Bob Riley? Anyone else pick one up at a good price?

Tom,

You can't clean it anymore? They are supposed to be lifetime filters.

Bob (Dieselsite) will be competetitive with just about everybody except E-Bay.

If you do have to replace it, I would recommend upgrading to the AFE Proguard 7.

I remember a study where it rated the best out of all the aftermarkets.

FWIW,

Tom

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
I actually have 2 and have been cleaning them a lot, they just look beat up. I'm at about 86k and just feel safer with less ratty filters. Not that these are all shot up but cleaning them just doesn't get them clean.

I'm thinking I might just go with the Tymar, the AFE killed my turbo whistle too. Maybe it's time to change some things up with my pickup. I've been neglecting her with the other toys and she needs new shoes too!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You absolutely cannot go wrong with an open element paper filter (TYMAR). I highly recommend it. I am trying to talk my old man into making one for his 24V now He's got one of those K&N inserts in his stock box now.

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
the Tymar is a lot more open then the AFE too, I got the AFE cuzz when I mud bog I wanted to be a bit safer but I haven't bogged for a long time and I don't think it will be a big issue with the Tymar. I'm gonna shop around and check things out, prolly ping Tymar on Monday.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think for the SD's the TYMAR setup runs right in that 175-200 bills range......... Just give Dale a call, leave a message and he will get back to you.

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I think for the SD's the TYMAR setup runs right in that 175-200 bills range......... Just give Dale a call, leave a message and he will get back to you.

That's kinda the ballpark that I recall too, I'll probably end up getting an extra filter too. I like things in two's, just gotta find me a hottie with a twin sister now :Sly

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While you got Ryan on the phone and youve got cash burning a hole in your pocket.....buy me a 6 pos chip with the twildman **** on it so I can make these Stage I's earn their keep. ;Sweet

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
While you got Ryan on the phone and youve got cash burning a hole in your pocket.....buy me a 6 pos chip with the twildman **** on it so I can make these Stage I's earn their keep. ;Sweet

ha ha ha, new wifey poo has your checkbook does she? :rotflmao :rotflmao

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swany said:
ha ha ha, new wifey poo has your checkbook does she? :rotflmao :rotflmao
LOL I cant get too lippy, she makes as much as I do.