Adding 2-stroke oil to the Fuel >>>

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must say I'm really impressed how it quiets down the normal clicks and ticks of the 7.3 ...even on a dead cold engine.;Sweet
Now if it could only add 10 mpg to the fuel economy I'd really be a happy camper.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The oil probably retards the timing a little. Not necessarily a good thing, but I run a lot more than that in it, and it doesn't seem to suffer any.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
i only put an oz per gallon of fuel and my truck runs way smoother, really quiets the engine down, scared to run more than that because of egt increases(however i wouldn't know if it would because my pyro is dead).

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
i just dump some in when i fill up along with some PS, never really mesured

Ray

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
I run the cheap Wal Mart 2 stroke stuff through mine. Also run it through the Powerstroke. If anything else I like it because I know it's helping keep the pump lubed & 2 stroke oil was made to be burned unlike used motor oil. Works as an anit gel too.

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run 20oz 2cycle mixed with 6oz Diesel Kleen. What I always wonder is if it mixes with the fuel or lays on the bottom of the tank. I put it in before I fill up but there is always fuel left in the tank so I wonder if the fuel going in is mixing with the additive completely.:confused:

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil probably retards the timing a little. Not necessarily a good thing, but I run a lot more than that in it, and it doesn't seem to suffer any.

Why would it "retard the timing"...because it's a tad thicker thus the injectors are opening a little late?
My engine really seems to like it, I don't notice it being doggy at all.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
yea ive been running one 8oz container of walmart supertech 2cylcle oil per tank and it runs lot quieter then without

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess that it burns a little slower than #2, although I have no facts to back that up. There has to be an explaination for your perception that it runs quieter, and the reality is most of that noise comes from burning fuel. I myself, do not notice a noise difference running streight #2 or a 50/50 mix of WMO.

rickrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it quiets the injectors and probably burns a little smoother. Oil doesnt burn as "easily" as diesel fuel, so it probably does retard the timing ever so slightly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online