Added two more doors.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$ and time frame. Traded a buddy for his 6.9 that has better oil pressure then my 7.3. 7.3 idles at 7psi hot. I possibly have a line on a p-pumped 12v later this year. But then have to buy a adapter, engine mounts, clutch/fly wheel, other odds and ends. So it'll take a little time before I have every thing for a repower and keep the wife happy at the same time.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I've ran the numbers so I've been curious to see where my mpg was. After a week of nothing but to work and back, miles were 120.5 (corrected: 8.3% for tires) and took 8.36 gallons to top off the front tank. Came up with 14.4 mpg mainly city driving.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Don't really matter now with the tool I bought but just in case, next time we need to break loose the fan before removing engine. I had a hell of a time trying to get it broke loose before the fancy air hammer wrench

You must be registered for see images attach

Aaaand off. Sure did work slick.

Last edited:

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the tool? Those fans are a royal pain in the ass. I bought the tools that use 1/2" breaker bars, but they suck. I need to upgrade.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
trick: use anti seize. during install
3 whacks with the custom wrench i made and it came right off without an issue.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the tool? Those fans are a royal pain in the ass. I bought the tools that use 1/2" breaker bars, but they suck. I need to upgrade.
Lisle fan hub kit. Off the truck but I'm sure you can get online cheaper.

trick: use anti seize. during install
3 whacks with the custom wrench i made and it came right off without an issue.
No thank the you on the anti-seize on the fan hub. Only stuff that gets that is exhaust related. Every thing else gets loc-tight.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Napa also has that fan wrench kit, I borrowed one from a buddy for a 6.4. Promptly ordered my own. great tool
I always anti sieze fan hub. If on correctly it wont spin off. Ive never loctited one, took one off that was, with a torch. not fun.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure I left it broad but use some common sense.
Common sense would tell me NOT to use thread locker on a fan clutch. But :dunno

And I can still think of lots of applications where I would use anti-seize on an engine. Hard steel thermostat housing bolts going into an aluminum water pump. Almost any steel-into-aluminum application, come to think of it.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Common sense would tell me NOT to use thread locker on a fan clutch. But :dunno

And I can still think of lots of applications where I would use anti-seize on an engine. Hard steel thermostat housing bolts going into an aluminum water pump. Almost any steel-into-aluminum application, come to think of it.

being an avid boater, and building boats, i use alot of stainless hardware. ive gotten into the habit of using antiseize on everything...if you dont on stainless, bolts and nuts gaul very quickly without torquing them.

ive have not had an issue on the clutch fan, but ive waisted alot of steel into aluminum bolts and threads, now i use it on alot of things.
everyone has their own way i suppose

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ very true. It all comes down to operating environment and prefered methods/habits.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Lisle Fan tool kit! Some of the best money I ever spent that summer I ended up doing 5 water pumps. :D

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it worked great.

On another note: any one local that needs a v-groove new alt/brackets/vac pulley and brackets you can have them if you pick them up or if your not far from me I can swing them by if not busy. AC pump is going back to Bookite03.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online