Add-A-Leaf > Is This a Good Option?

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if you have a d60 solid front axle these ad a leafs wont effect camber?

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Shocks will affect the softness of a ride very little. They mostly keep the truck from continuously bouncing. Ever seen a truck without shocks? You can pick up and down on it a little and it will continue to bounce up and down. Hince the leaf and or coil springs.

I dont see how people with dana 50's are putting these add-a-leafs on and not having to deal with the huge camber adjustment needed. Whats the secret here?

Also the airbags on the dana 50, to me, would seem like they would throw the alignment off everytime you adjust them, but idk.

I've run air bags for almost a year now and the truck drives straight as can be with no pull to the left or right and the tires are wearing even. As long as both air bags are running the same PSI, I've had no issues with alignment. Put on about 15K in miles so far with the bags on the front.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Mine don't have that cause i bought the rough country ones, I was worried about them moving but to be honest i think the force against the other springs doesn't let them move cause mine haven't moved at all (and that's with going over plowed fields and trails). That being said i like those ones more to cause to me that dodad is cheap insurance against any problems.:Thumbs Up

I used Rough Country springs on the Super Duty. So far they haven't moved out of position yet. I was concerned that the nylon tip spacers would allow the spring to twist. That hasn't happened. ;Sweet

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this one up again but I'm about to move on it soon.
Question > someone offered me a pair of springs from a 1992 F350 4x4 GAS engine for free.(still on the truck)
The vehicle only has 40,000 miles on it however the springs are heavily pitted from rust > cosmetically they're not pretty enough for my truck but???
There's some 4" of clearance between his bump stops and frame...of course our 7.3's are heaver.
Feedback...?

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this one up again but I'm about to move on it soon.
Question > someone offered me a pair of springs from a 1992 F350 4x4 GAS engine for free.(still on the truck)
The vehicle only has 40,000 miles on it however the springs are heavily pitted from rust > cosmetically they're not pretty enough for my truck but???
There's some 4" of clearance between his bump stops and frame...of course our 7.3's are heaver.
Feedback...?

if it is a f350 it will have solid axle. no work with your TTB.

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, is this Rough Country a good option for my 1988 f250 4x4?
Or would the middle linkTuff Country be a better choice???
Or, would they pretty much have the same outcome:dunno

EDIT > and lets toss in SkyJacker diesel soft ride :sly!bottom link
Has anyone here installed these leaf kits, if so, how easy/difficult was it to install, how much room between the spring bump stops and, how is the ride?
Thanks for any feedback, Ray

i would go with the bds add a leaf thats what i have and im really impressed and u dont have to get new u bolts for it. u can use your old ones i like mine! and they werre cheaper than sky jacker

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but if you have a independant like my buddies it messed with the camber horribly and we cant figure out how to fix it

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
but if you have a independant like my buddies it messed with the camber horribly and we cant figure out how to fix it

Different camber bushings and/or drop brackets for the TTB's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger