Accessories-floor mats, bed caps...

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys find your accessories? I'm looking for floormats, bug shield, bed caps, side mirrors, steering wheel cover, bumpers and other interior/exterior dress up items.

I have found generic websites but I'm curious if there is a "Performance Products" type site for our Trucks.

Thanks!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know there is not a specific site for Ford IDI accessories. I've gotten stuff from Summit, JC Whitney, and the like. NPD and LMC Truck have specific parts catalogs for these older Fords, but not a huge selection of aftermarket accessories. Plus, LMC is a bit pricey on their stuff.

Heath

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys find your accessories? I'm looking for floormats, bug shield, bed caps, side mirrors, steering wheel cover, bumpers and other interior/exterior dress up items.

I have found generic websites but I'm curious if there is a "Performance Products" type site for our Trucks.

Thanks!

SWAP MEETS and a sharp eye for bargains. :thumbsup:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
For american made bug shields click below

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/armadillobugshields/StoreFront

they are making the old flat style ones that were around when these trucks were being produced and sitting on dealers lots. They actually work quite well on the brick nose ones - they do keep the bugs off the windshield - just remember when cleaning the bugs off it to clean the ones off the back side of the shield... it creates a circle of air that slams the bugs that actually got past the shield into the back side of it... it was pretty funny actually seeing them slam into the backside at highways speeds... the lightening bugs were the best..

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For american made bug shields click below

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/armadillobugshields/StoreFront

they are making the old flat style ones that were around when these trucks were being produced

Thanks for that.

I always thought that style looked a lot better than those sissy little stick-on ones.

As much stuff as I have screwed and welded all over my truck, believe it or not, I have never owned a bug-shield, nor even traded for a truck that had one.

I might just lay into a bunch of those and get my whole fleet bug-proofed.

I hardly ever get a bug on my glass, unless it is one of those helicopter-sized ones that hit like a bullet, go splattt, and look like the egg from a sick chicken just got busted on the glass. :puke:

The wife's Dodge, on the other hand, must be some kind of bug magnet; it will get completely plastered with them on every forward facing surface; i.e. head-lights, bumper, grille, back sides of the side mirrors, front edge of the LUND visor, etc. :rolleyes:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, that style is the ONLY type of bug screen that works to keep bugs off the windshield. We have had that style on a couple of vehicles, one being an 83 Slant nose. We have also had the other "aerodynamic" style and all they do is make it hard to wash the front of the hood.

Midnight,

It must be a Dodge thing..... I had a 2000 Dodge Durango with the "towing mirrors" on it, and more that once when I was running with the windows open, a bug would hit the inside edge of the mirror housing, which was angled TOWARD the drivers window and it would come rocketing in and hit me in the face, and a bug at 55MPH really stings!!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's worse is when its a big fat ol' bee and it has landed between your legs! :eek: Best get that thing away from your crotch before it comes out of it's stunned condition. I swear it's the one time you could hit an insect and have it wreck your truck.