FS, 1989 Ford F350 XLT Lariat

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
For sale is a 1989 Ford F350 XLT Lariat. Has the full-size 4 door cab, longbox, dual rear wheels, full size spare tire, dual fuel tanks (BOTH work!), factory chrome package, which includes running boards and bedrails, factory stainless rims, factory tow package, factory A/C, factory cruise, and much more. Truck has a fold-down gooseneck hitch, Class IV bumper hitch, and trailer brake controller. The interior is VERY clean, there are no stains on the carpet. I replaced the front seat with a very good condition seat, so it looks good. The rear seat has literally only been used about 5 times, so it is basically brand new! The dash has ABSOLUTELY no cracks! The body is pretty much all straight, there are a few dings and scratches, but nothing like most trucks of this age! There are absolutely no rust-throughs on this truck. It has the factory paint on the frame still! There is some very minor surface rust on a few of the normal places, it will sand right off to clean metal. For the age of this truck, it has low miles and a very clean body, inside and out! Truck has power windows (rear windows are crank, in this year only the front windows could be had as power options, rear power windows were introduced in 1994) and locks (all locks are power). Has rear sliding window, towing mirrors. Delay windshield wipers.

- Transmission: Automatic, 4speed overdrive. Shifts great, nice and firm in excellent shape. Has had a heavy-duty shift kit installed, this helps the transmission handle trailer towing much better and makes the shifts faster and at more optimal times. Torque converter was also replaced with a heavy-duty torque converter.

- Engine: 7.5L 460 V8 gasoline engine. 245HP, 390ft-lb torque. FACTORY FUEL INJECTION. Gets 12MPG highway, and 8-10 towing full rated load. This is the rare high-output version of this engine. It has plenty of power to tow with. For perspective, the original owner used this truck to tow a 10 horse trailer. That's a 45-foot long trailer. I use it to haul hay with, it has no trouble with the hills.

- Brakes. Factory rear anti-lock brakes. Yes they do work, and they work well. This truck is also equipped with the rare 3.5" extra-heavy-duty rear brakes (most were 3", this refers to the width of the brake shoe). Disc front, drum rear. Has trailer brake controller.

- Axle ratio: 4.56 open diff. Came from the factory with 4.10 posi, original owner had it replaced with a 4.56 open for towing.

What I have done to this truck:

- New battery and battery cables. New alternator. New 4-tube aluminum radiator (this is a performance radiator, it cools VERY well), New OEM Motorcraft/Ford Severe duty water pump, new radiator cap, new radiator hoses, new belts, new air filter, new 10 ply rear tires (front tires are in good shape and are 8 ply), new rear axle seals, new rear brake shoes, new rear brake wheel cylinders, new rear brake lines, new front seat, new windshield wiper motor and wiper blades, new headlights, and much much more.

What this truck needs:

- New bearings in the engine. It runs and drives wtihout any knocking, it just needs thicker engine oil. I just don't have the time to put new bearings into the engine. What happened was either the headgasket or the oil cooler started to leak and pumped a lot of the crankcase oil into the coolant, so it ran low on oil. It did NOT overheat or run out entirely. I run thicker engine oil, and it gets good oil pressure once again. I replaced the coolant, and put stop-leak in it, and put on a higher pressure radiator cap. It does NOT use ANY oil or coolant. No coolant got into the oil.
- New power window motors. Once again, I don't have time to do this. You can get the motors very cheaply out of a junkyard, they run around $40 for a pair that work well.
- New cruise control switch. Common problem with these older Fords is the cruise control switch on the steering wheel fails. It's a $20, held on by two or three screws, not hard at all to replace. I just haven't had time once again.
- I have some parts already, they come with the truck.
- Air conditioning needs to have seals put into it and recharged. That's usually a $200 job if you have someone do it, if you can do A/C work yourself it's about $100.

I need to get this truck sold and gone. It'd make a great towing rig for someone, it's been a great rig for me, I just don't have the time to finish fixing it up and I need to upgrade to a larger towing rig. I'm asking $3500, however make your offer. I've put a LOT of work into this truck, that's all stuff you won't have to do to it, and a lot of it is common repairs that old trucks need. CLEAN TITLE! If you want more pictures just let me know, I can get them.

You can call or text me at 641-856-7123. Or you can PM me here on the forum. If you text me, no guarantees I will get them :p Leave a VM if no answer.

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's the confusion.
your location says CA. kali is one big damn state.
your area code for your contact number says Iowa.
just where the hell is this truck at?

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Whoops.

Stupid computer must've automatically filled my profile forms out and put Cali in it... Lemme correct that. It's been doing that to me on several websites...

Truck is in Iowa, which is where I am as well.

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
More pics!

She's still a beauty even after 24 years. All original interior and exterior except front seat. Exterior pics are from last summer, interior are from today.

This is the rear seat. Literally been sat in only 5 or 6 times in its entire life. It's the original seat too.

All dash lights work, I've never touched a single one nor has the PO. I don't know about the original owner.

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
I LOVE how shiny the dash is still. Not a bit of fading on the dash. Not a single crack either!!

Wood grain trim ain't even yellowing.

No cracking in the door panels either!

A feature I just love. Usually this is only found on regular cab trucks. This is the REAR seat in this super cab truck. Extra storage space!

Doors open and close without a single bit of binding. They are aligned perfectly.

This is about the straightest bed on a 1989 I have ever seen.

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
The only defects on the body.

This is a crack in one of the fiberglass fenders. It is still structurally sound, easy enough of a repair. Just drill and mold.

Some of the paint got chipped because of a missing mudflap. Primer is still there so no rust other than some hardly visible surface rust on some scratches.

Towing 18,000LBS trailer weight. Truck would have been perfectly level except I had the old tires on it. Truck handles perfectly with this load, has no trouble stopping or hitting 70MPH on the interstate.

These are the new tires. They are larger and wider than the old tires. Levels the truck and gets a much better ride and traction.

Playing with the Ford.

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Now for what this truck WAS.

Just a couple of weeks after we got it, found all four rear tires flat... Ughh...

BTW that's not mud. That's after a complete wash.

Tires are entirely bald and the paint is terribly dull.

These next pictures were actually taken the same day we purchased the truck. Especially note the poor front seat.

That thing on top of the dash is the F350 decal for the front quarter panel. I had to reattach those on both sides of the truck.

The falling apart seat.

So there ya go. Hope I didn't bore y'all. I just was quite amazed looking back through all of the pictures. It just goes to show how there are some really nice older trucks that can clean up VERY nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online