ABS light on after bleeding etc

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I just replaced the rear brake shoes, wheel cylinders, centerhose at the axle but when I pressure bled itwith a motive pressure bleeder as usual, for some reason, this time, I now have a ABS light and brake light stuck on. brakes themselves are functioning fine

possibly worth mentioning, I just installed a mag hytech oversize diff cover, but I don t see how this could effect anything, I think the sensor is mounted forward in the case. Im open to suggestions
Thanks----Robert

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
If you run low on fluid or the low fluid sensor malfunctions it will come on and stay on. Mine has been on since a master cylinder replace I did about a year ago, I didnt put the sensor on the new resovoir. Doesnt bother me too much, although someday I might pull the light out.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If it was fine before could be the plug got disconnected some how, this happened to Me when I did the hydroboost years ago and all had to do was plug it back ON and it was out.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I don't have anything for a 92, this is from an 89 but might help. Robert, there is kind of a large nut on the RABS unit, it's a plug, remove it and there is a spring in there, small amount of brake fluid will come out, leave spring out, replace plug, operate the brakes several times, replace spring, light may go out.

You must be registered for see images

knew there had to be some kind of voodoo for it LOL Thanks

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Well, we took it for a run through the mountains for a couple hundred miles and the problem straightened itself out. Can't beat that ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk