A few maint items...

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my new rims and tires on, Weld super singles and BFG 285's. Those left hand threads on the drivers side really messed up my game plan but I ended up finding some from Summit. Ill try to post a new pic :)

My Turbo oil line is leaking and maybe something else back there like to pressure sender... I tried to tighten things up with the turbo on but it looks like i will need to remove it to get back there. My question is how the heck does that exhaust flange come of my hypermax turbo and what is the best way to go about it? anything I should look for when I take it off? I have never even seen the inside of a turbo!!! :rotflmao It looks like it just slips in:confused:

Also I need to install a new A/C clutch. Is that hard to do? Any tips there?

Going to turn up the fuel this weekend too ;Sweet then turn up the propane to burn all that extra fuel muahahahaha :rock:

Now I just need a ZF-5 or a OD/UD

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few pictures... What my turbo exhaust looks like and the truck in the outer banks of NC with the new wheels. Make a big difference in the way the truck looks eh?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....It looks like it just slips in:confused: ......
that it does. Believe it or not, it just "sits" there. after a few thermal cycles, the downpipe will "freeze" onto the turbo outlet housing. All I've done in the past is loosen up the downpipe, hose down the flange area with Kroil and tap it with a brass hammer if it wants to be a little stubborn.
Btw....that's a cool pic with the new shoes on the truck;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool. A word of advice to anyone with a Hypermax. Swing by a speed shop and pick up what they call Starter Motor Heat Wrap... It's a flat piece of heat tape like you would wrap a header with that is silver on one side. Slide that in shiny side up between your turbo exhaust housing and everything underneath it and fasten it with wire ties to the injector lines. It will help keep your throttle cable and other things from baking and getting brittle.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have some header wrap, I am going to wrap it up when I take it off. I cant believe the exhaust just slips in, that is too crazy.
I guess ill give it a go. Ill PBlaster it up in the morning and let it sit for a few hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online